Workday Project and Work Management allows companies to focus on all of the critical components that make a company successful: people, business resources, and work.
With Workday Project and Work Management, you can:
- Plan for and track progress of projects and work.
- Ensure alignment to strategic goals.
- Track actual costs against budget over time.
- Give executives insight into alignment, achievement, and potential.
- Tie human cost and impact to actual business results.
By bringing together all of these elements into a single unified system, management can gain insight into the elements that make a team or project successful, the areas of the company that are weak or struggling, and ways to improve overall effectiveness throughout the entire organization.
Unlike traditional bolt-on project or work management systems, Workday Project and Work Management is seamlessly unified with Workday Human Capital Management, Spend Management and Financial Management. As a result, companies can efficiently plan, staff, track, manage and analyze what is really needed to accomplish its key initiatives:
- Capture ideas from workers to inform and influence future work strategies
- Model all types of work areas, including product development, projects, campaigns, client service delivery, grants, and more
- Establish budgets and estimates
- Establish a project of work plan with phases, tasks, and milestones to track progress over time
- Roll up multiple work areas under larger initiatives or work hierarchies
- Integrate to Microsoft Projects™, as well as other external Project Management and Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools
- Seamlessly leverage worker profile data from Workday Human Capital Management
- Search for talent based on specific criteria such as job profiles, skills and competencies
- View and compare worker profile information including experience and qualifications
- Utilize talent pools for sourcing workers
- Staff project and work teams with available and qualified employees and independent contractors
- Review vacation and work schedules to ensure appropriate staff coverage
Monitor Costs and Progress
- Provide anytime, anywhere access to timesheets for all workers
- Track time put in by workers on a project
- Record labor rates for billable and non-billable time
- Cost work using a fully burdened costing rate
- Capture expenses and purchase orders related to a project or work area
- View total current spend against planned budget as projects and work progress
- Proactively modify project and work plans, budgets and worker assignments as needed
Analyze Work Results
- View current status of key initiatives, projects and work areas at a glance with dashboard worklets
- Set a notification trigger if a specific condition or threshold is met
- Base worker pay-for-performance compensation and development plans on objective results of work performed
- Leverage outcomes to gain insight into ways to improve processes in the future
By utilizing Workday as your central system-of-record for the work being done in your company, you can increase visibility, improve efficiency and draw real connections between goals, initiatives, results, performance, and rewards.