Workday Expenses is unified with Workday’s market-leading HR and Financial Management solutions, creating the optimal expense solution for today’s people-driven enterprise.
With Workday Expenses, you can:
- Automate your unique expense management business processes while ensuring proper spend controls
- Reduce administrative burden by leveraging workers, roles, organizations, and security policies already setup in Workday HCM
- Ensure rapid adoption across your global workforce with a consumer-like user experience and comprehensive support for global requirements
- Gain real time visibility into employee spend with multi-dimensional reporting and analytics
Employee expense processes are people processes. Ultimately, your people plan, spend, record, and approve all employee expenses. As a result, stand-alone expense systems that were built independently from HR or procurement-based systems often fail to achieve your objectives of controlling organizational spend. Workday Expenses is different at the core because it is unified with Workday’s market-leading HR solutions, creating the optimal expense solution for your people-driven enterprise.
Streamlined Business Processes
- Configure expense management processes and controls to meet your specific needs, eliminating manually intensive and costly paper-based processes.
- Easily attach scanned or photographed receipts to expense reports that are then available for review during and after approvals and payments.
- Build dynamic workflow approvals and notifications leveraging worker and transactional information such as location, organization, the work people are doing, and transactional details such as total expense amount or expense item types.
- Take advantage of the strong worker foundation of Workday Human Capital Management as well as unification with Workday Payroll and Financial Management for reimbursement and accounting of employee expenses.
- Instantaneously leverage changes to worker data that happen in the HR system—such as a worker’s role, position, organizational assignment, or management chain—without having to synchronize data between two disparate systems.
Consumer-Like User Experience
- Improve adoption of the system by your global workforce and reduce the number of systems required by leveraging the same easy-to-use, consumer-style user experience delivered throughout Workday.
- Minimize data entry resulting in more complete and timely data in the system and more accurate financial records.
- Submit expense receipts or review and approve transactions directly from any mobile device.
Full Audit and Control
- Configure proactive controls, such as spend authorizations and spend freezes, to help plan for, control, or halt spending.
- Ensure proper audit trails as every system change is stored, tracked, and time-stamped. Business processes configurations and security settings are self-documenting and can be rendered to PDF on demand.
- Gain unprecedented visibility into processes and transaction history for Finance and auditors ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
Real Time Reporting and Analysis
- Gain real time consolidated insight into spend for Finance, Executives, and line managers to help with managing actual spend to budgeted spend as well as negotiating corporate travel rates or discounts.
- Leverage a suite of pre-built reports as well as a robust report writer for building custom reports.
- Take full advantage of Workday’s multi-dimensional business data to analyze spend not only by spend category and worker but by any relevant business dimension such as customer, project, or region.
- Empower your global workforce to use Workday in their preferred language
- Enable different regions and locales to configure their own rules through the Business Process Framework with no impact to other geographies while still maintaining global visibility throughout the organization
- Configure local travel and expense customs and rules—such as local allowances and per diems, vehicle mileage reimbursement schemes, and many global credit card formats
- Leverage full multi-currency support for expense report transactions, reimbursements and accounting
- Leverage support for recording and reporting Value Added Tax (VAT), enabling both reimbursable and non-reimbursable treatments.
Fast and Efficient Settlement
- Leverage the efficiencies of a single settlement engine to manage all payments generated across the entire organization for any purpose—such as payroll, supplier payments, employee reimbursements, and customer refunds.
- Easily integrate to an external Payroll or Accounts Payable system leveraging the Workday Integration Cloud.