To minimize data entry and stay in compliance with changing industry regulations, turn to ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager.
Workpaper Manager supports better workflow by allowing your data to flow automatically into ProSystem fx Tax and all related workpapers. And it is versatile enough to work for tax, accounting, and finance departments.
Make your existing workpapers more efficient without changing the way you work. Your files stay in the same native formats you already use — Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe PDFs — with the addition of Workpaper Manager’s advanced functionality:
- Electronic binders and a Windows Explorer-style interface help you find what you need.
- Binder synchronization ensures team members have the most up-to-date files.
- Security features help you stay in compliance by creating a controlled process around your workpapers.
- Audit trails track workpaper history and sign-offs.
- Dynamic links between trial balance data and workpapers help save time and increase accuracy.
Analyze Your Team’s Workflow With Digital Dashboards
Organizing your data for tax compliance purposes will allow you to focus on important tax issues and planning, rather than the mechanics of tax return data entry. A variety of dashboards give you an at-a-glance overview of your entire team:
- Workpaper Manager Today displays recently used binders, offers multiple sorting options, and identifies binders that are past due, have checked out workpapers, have new notes, or have not been synchronized in a week.
- Binder Snapshot displays the current user’s workpapers and workpaper count, as well as notes and sign-off details in one convenient location.
- Trial Balance Snapshot displays a digital dashboard for high-level financial data, ungrouped accounts, and out-of-balance status for the selected trial balance and grouping list. Consolidated trial balances are displayed using the hierarchy of consolidation.
Take Control Of Your Workpapers
Enjoy the convenience of instantly accessible workpapers. ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager provides powerful tools that allow you to continue using your existing workpapers, while adding the following capabilities:
- Check out workpaper files and syncronize work from any location.
- Automate the creation of new projects with binder templates customized to fit your organization’s needs.
- View staff members assigned to each project binder.
- Create, respond to, and clear various types of notes for the Team,
- Open Items and Next Period issues.
- Manage secure online sign-offs by preparer and multiple reviewers, and lock documents after final review.
- Finalize binders to prevent future changes and further secure the integrity of your workpapers and process.
- Roll forward an entire binder, including trial balances, linked financials and workpapers, with a single mouse click, leaving behind a secure archival binder for the previous period while starting work in the new current period binder
Security And Administration Tools
The Administrator module allows you to customize the application to fit the way you work. With the Administrator module, you can:
- Create staff groups to represent the different titles and roles of your staff members, and choose which rights to grant for each staffing title.
- Update staff member titles for promotions or changes with all new security rights of the title automatically applying to the staff member as they log in to the program.
- Assign staff members using flexible assignment options that allow you to grant access to electronic binders to all staff, binder teams or individual staff members.
- Share staff information, licensing and binders in a multi-office environment, with or without a wide area network, using Office Servers.
- Share your own department or company tips and policies using a customizable Tips of the Day feature.
Versatile Trial Balance Functionality
Take advantage of the only trial balance system built using Microsoft® Excel and Word technology on top of a powerful SQL database. With Workpaper Manager’s trial balance feature, you can:
- Import trial balance data easily from virtually any general ledger system.
- Select the account balance types and related journal entries you need for your company.
- Post journal entries that dynamically update all workpapers, journal entry reports, tax returns and financial reports.
- Link trial balance tax data to ProSystem fx Tax for automatic journal entry revisions and full M-3 support for all business return types, including 1120, 1120S, 1065 and 990 returns.
- Summarize trial balance data for a variety of reporting needs with unlimited account groupings, including tax return lines, financial reporting, user-defined, and even key performance indicators.
- Maintain account balances for current and up to 36 prior periods using monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual binders.
- Maintain multiple divisional or company trial balances in one binder for combined or consolidated reporting.
- Import budget balances and easily create budget-to-actual reports utilizing additional balance types.
- Display balances and columns exactly as you choose with customizable trial balance views.
- Generate linked monthly management reports that automatically refresh with all changes to the trial balance.
Roll Forward Feature
This time-saving feature allows you to instantly roll forward the entire binder with every workpaper and report in place. With Workpaper Manager’s Roll Forward feature, you can:
- Archive your prior period binder as the Roll Forward process creates a fresh binder copy for the next period with all trial balances and linked workpapers in place and automatically populated with current dates, account balances and variances.
- Start with only next period notes in place and all sign-offs removed as you begin to work in a new reporting period binder.
- All workpapers are ready for team work and editing.
- View current and prior-period binders side-by-side.
- Standardize workpapers and department workflow for current and future periods.
- Preserve customized documentation.
- Reduce costly searching for missing files and workpapers with organized binders that contain all related information for the reporting period.
- Save time and increase accuracy as monthly and periodic reporting become automatic.
- Run preliminary financial statements, with prior year comparisons, only seconds after importing latest period trial balance information.
Integrate Your Tax And Accounting Processes With ProSystem fx® Workpaper Manager
Workpaper Manager is only one of the many powerful solutions from CCH. We are continually seeking new opportunities to streamline your workflow and save you time. Currently, the following ProSystem solutions integrate with Workpaper Manager for maximum efficiency and value:
- Ensure trial balance and tax return data stay synchronized through powerful integration with ProSystem fx Tax, a comprehensive income tax compliance system used by leading corporations across the country.
- Store PDF versions of tax returns, e-filing acknowledgments and
- CorpSystem Fixed Assets reports in the Workpaper Manager binder with all related workpapers and move toward an integrated paperless office.
Continue To Use Your Existing Office Software
ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager has changed the way professionals work by successfully leveraging their investment in Microsoft Office. Workpaper Manager’s exclusive use of these applications allows you to:
- Incorporate your existing Excel and Word workpapers and financial reporting into electronic binders, and automate them with Workpaper Manager’s dynamic links.
- Easily capture project-related emails or file attachments and enjoy improved collaboration using seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook.
- Enjoy unlimited flexibility in document formatting and presentation with the tools you already know and use.
- Choose from more than 60 Excel and Word templates or import your own departmental favorites.
- Reduce learning curve by building on your staff’s existing Microsoft Office knowledge.
Fast, accurate and complete tax research The functional and technological evolution to our renowned Tax Research NetWork™ research platform, IntelliConnect™ allows you to scour your entire CCH library of world-class tax and accounting information in just a few seconds.
You can conveniently access IntelliConnect and CCH Accounting Research Manager from within Workpaper Manager.
Never again will you have to wonder if you’re looking in the right place; IntelliConnect searches it all and delivers results in filtered, organized lists. Designed for the way you work, IntelliConnect features an intuitive interface that takes just minutes to learn. You’ll be amazed how much time you can save with features like filtering, multiple search tabs, search-within-a-search and a tri-screen view.
IntelliConnect makes it even easier to find answers fast with our outstanding tax and accounting content:
- Corporate OmniTax™ Library offers you unlimited access to the federal and state tax libraries of CCH, plus an integrated daily tax news service and a suite of helpful productivity tools and practice aids.
- Tax Research Consultant™ provides a practical, real-world focus on income, estate, gift, excise and Social Security tax laws and the important issues you face every day.
- State Business Income Tax Research & Compliance Manager™ is an integrated collection of superior income tax research and compliance materials, practice aids and tools, designed to help you find fast answers.
- Sales Tax Research & Compliance Manager™ is an all-in-one tool that guides you through the many aspects of sales and use taxes, helping you navigate sales tax research, compliance and audit issues.
Accounting Research Manager (ARM) Workpaper Manager’s integration with ARM gives you direct access to objective and analytical accounting, auditing, and SEC information. In addition, ARM provides expert interpretive guidance to help you understand and comply with rapidly changing standards. While other research tools simply summarize the authoritative literature and leave you to make sense of it all, ARM goes the extra mile to give you the clearest possible picture. Access to ARM provides you with:
- The most current, complete, and objective resource for your financial reporting needs — updated 5 times daily.
- Weekly summary email newsletter with current and key developments of the week and insightful guidance from financial experts. It also provides links to all FASB, AICPA, SEC, EITF, and IASB authoritative and proposal-stage literature.
- The latest changes to GAAP, GAAS and SEC rules. Enhance your results while maximizing your research time. Also, access insightful guidance on business combinations, revenue recognition, Sarbanes-Oxley, derivatives and hedging, goodwill, leases, and much more.
Reviews of ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use ProSystem fx Workpaper Manager? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!