The Accounts Payable is an easy-to-use module that meets the payable clerk’s demands for fast, efficient processing of invoices and payments. Accounts Payable is fully integrated, where applicable, to General Ledger, Purchase Orders, Work Management, and Fixed Assets. All distribution to the General Ledger is fully automatic.
- Integration to Purchase Orders populates all details from the PO—creating an invoice automatically with the ability to override any detail as necessary—eliminating duplicating keying.
- The system will not allow the same invoice to be entered twice for a vendor—eliminating double entry and/or duplicate payments.
- Budget checking for availability of funds can be run at the fund, department or line item level and overridden by password.
- Sales taxes can be automatically calculated on invoices or input by the AP clerk
- Automatic look-ups for vendors, purchase orders, general ledger numbers, fixed assets, work order numbers provide for an easy search for any piece of information.
- Posting of invoices with purchase orders automatically de-encumber funds originally encumbered by the Purchase Order.
- Easy-to-update vendor master with search by name, vendor number, phone, contact, etc.
- Each vendor master record includes local name and address, payee name and address (if different), easy-to-read outstanding invoice, paid invoices and payments browsers, all with drilldown capabilities.
- Unlimited user-definable fields enable the District to identify and store additional fields of information that are unique to its purposes.
- A vendor can be placed on hold, preventing any payments from processing for that vendor. An invoice can be placed on hold. Partial holdbacks (retain age) can be placed on an invoice and released for payment as needed.
- Invoices can be selected for payment based on invoice due date on a range of vendors, by individual supplier and invoice, by Accounts Payable batch. Removal from the selected payments can be processed with the same criteria or individually. Efficient cash management is facilitated by the invoice due date selection.
- Used with the Scanning option, invoices and other documents can be scanned and retrieved, reducing the need to revisit paper files which may be kept offsite. This also saves time pulling invoices for auditors.