Create and Receive Electronic Document Files
The use of electronic document trading is on the increase. Document transfers may be a recent requirement of your larger trading partners, or you may want to offer the option as a cost-saving measure. Your trading partners might have different document requirements and may even dictate your choice of EDI or other communications software. How can you meet your electronic document needs without excess cost or complexity?
Get SouthWare DocTransfer. DocTransfer serves as the interface between your SouthWare system and document flat files, a common transfer file format for exchanging documents. With DocTransfer’s features you may easily create and import document transfer files so that you can electronically exchange selected documents with your trading partners. You can:
- Directly exchange documents with customers and vendors who also use the SouthWare Excellence Series. This allows you to avoid the expense of extra software on SouthWare-to-SouthWare type exchanges.
- Interface your SouthWare documents with EDI software so that you can exchange EDI documents with customers and vendors. Any EDI software with a good mapping utility can map to the standard SouthWare flat files.
With DocTransfer, you can
- Output vendor purchase orders and customer invoices to electronic transfer files.
- Import vendor invoices and customer orders from electronic transfer files.
- Transfer other documents that can be processed with the DocTransfer Type features.
The actual transmission of the document transfer files is left up to you or your other software product(s) (such as EDI software) so that it may be customized for each trading partner. DocTransfer’s job is to simplify the actual creation or importing of data from the transfer files.
If you want the ability and flexibility to handle electronic document transfers, get SouthWare DocTransfer.
Key Features of DocTransfer
- Flexible DocTransfer Types
- Outbound Invoices
- Outbound Purchase Orders
- Inbound Customer Orders
- Inbound Vendor Invoices
- Optional File Handling Methods
- Default Extra fields for outbound documents
- Default Directories
- Default File Name Template
- Default Follow-up Processing
- Individualized Trading Partner Records
- Record per Partner per DocTransfer Type
- Optional override of default Type info for Method, Directory, File Name, Follow-up Processing
- Trading Partner ID info included in each outbound document file
- Optional customized Extra fields for outbound documents
- Specify whether outbound invoices and POs are Required or Optional
- Easy Import/Export of Document Data
- Direct interface from Billing Entry to outbound invoice transfers
- Direct interface from Purchase Order Entry to outbound PO transfers
- Simple pop-up transfer window to initiate any inbound or outbound transfer
- Flexible Handling of Document Files
- Extra records for outbound documents can include Extended Data™ fields, text lines, or literals
- Use of ImportMate II formats for inbound documents allows customization for differences between trading partners
- Follow-up Object for each transfer allows for file archiving and/or start up of a transfer process such as EDI translation or communication
- File names can include variables such as customer number, vendor number, or document number
Sample situations you will be able to handle include
- Creating a purchase order transfer file to send to your vendor
- Creating an invoice transfer file to send to a customer
- Turning a customer’s purchase order document file into a sales order
- Turning a vendor’s invoice file into an A/P invoice
- Invoking an operating system command after creating a file to copy/move the file and/or start a communications process or EDI translation
- Customizing the process used for each trading partner
- Customizing the data sent or received from each trading partner