BI360s modern Excel-based report writer offers predefined templates as well as user-defined reports running live on the Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL and CRM databases. The report writer can also be used with the BI360 data warehouse as well as with other in-house or cloud-based databases. Using an Outlook-style interface in Excel, users can drag and drop to create complete financial statements or operational reports without ever having to manual key in a single formula. The result is professionally presented in Microsoft Excel, or PDF, and users can refresh reports on-demand and drill down to detail thus eliminating the need to prepare and distribute report books. The combination of standard Microsoft Excel features and powerful BI360 business rules makes it possible to develop any number of report layouts and business logic, from simple sub-ledger reports to advanced financial statements to KPI-reports. A single report can access multiple companies and databases to consolidate information and automate BI processes.
BI360 REPORTING FEATURES
- Supports Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft Excel 2007, and Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Reports are launched from either an intranet site, a webpage, from within your ERP system or locally from your PC as standard Microsoft Excel files. When launched, reports automatically connect to the database through web services.
- Reports are available both as pre-defined templates or business users can design their own reports with the ease of drag-and-drop configuration. Any flavor of report can be designed, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, sales, HR, project, AR, AP, fixed assets, inventory, KPIs and much more.
- Tree builder allows users to create and maintain a centralized set of dimension, account hierarchies for example, that can automatically drive reports that will virtually eliminate manual maintenance of report definitions. Trees can be dragged and dropped into reports to create profit & loss and balance sheet reports in minutes instead of hours.
- Drill-down to detail from any amount in any report to quickly find the underlying reason for variances and exceptions.
- End-users can customize and save their own versions of the standard reports supplied by the organization.
- Reports parameters in the Microsoft Excel task panel make the reports highly dynamic and flexible. One report could easily serve many purposes just by changing parameter values.
- One single report can be connected to multiple ERP modules or databases, making it easy to set up automated reconciliation reports, KPI reports and flash reports.
- Easily consolidates many companies, divisions or departments to produce consolidated financial statements. Used with the BI360 data warehouse it is also an excellent tool to automate mergers and acquisitions processes where data from multiple ERP systems and other data sources needs to be consolidated and reported on.
- Advanced currency conversion offered with the use of average, closing, historical, and user-defined rate conversion methods.
- Integrated with the BI360 Composer tool, allowing any business user the ability to design an ad-hoc query report in just a few minutes and be able to convert it to a formatted BI360 Excel-based report.
- User access (security) is based on active directory roles and provides the convenience of single-sign on for users and easy user management for administrators.
- Reports can also be pushed out to mobile phones as PDF files or Excel attachments.