Real life, real time budget management means no surprises and no outside spreadsheets. Your organization invests countless hours planning, monitoring, controlling and modifying budgets. But do you ever really know how many dollars went where and which dollars were spent most effectively?
Serenic BudgetVision enables you to manage your entire budget lifecycle by offering a budget preparation and monitoring tool that provides real time access to budget information. A decentralized budgeting process allows each budget manager to define sub-plans, track multiple budgets simultaneously, and modify or perform budget forecasting within Serenic Navigator.
Simplified Budget Administration Is your budget administration a disparate and confusing process for your organization? BudgetVision simpliﬁes your budget cycle with a centralized administration deﬁning global settings, which thereby allow departments to submit concise, transparent, and ﬂexible budgets, or subplans, from day one:
- Subplans provide a simpliﬁed Decentralized Budgeting Process by distributing the budgeting to different Department and/or Program Managers, restricting access to only their fund, dimensions and G/L accounts.
- Spread Methods can be applied to any line so that the system automatically takes the amount entered or calculated and spreads it across the budget periods accordingly.
- Multiple Currency Codes give you the choice of what currencies to use within budgets, and how the currencies are converted (add on for Serenic Navigator Enterprise).
- Approvals, an add-on module, gives your administration the ﬂexibility to assign up to 10 approvers on a subplan before posting to a G/L.
- Calculations & Assumptions, purchased with Enterprise, ensures consistent calculations and “what if” scenarios across departments and subplans, thereby improving accuracy.
Streamlined Budget Preparation
Are you preparing your budget outside your ﬁnancial system? BudgetVision, fully integrated with Serenic’s Navigator G/L, offers an automated budget preparation tool with the following features:
- Integrated budget preparation lets you pull existing data from your G/L, keeping accounts and dimensions in synch, and leverages your existing user setup and securities.
- Multiple Version Creation gives the preparer multiple options for deﬁning the starting point for a new budget, i.e., another version, historical actual or budget amounts, or zero.
- Budget by quantity lets you budget units of measure and amounts rather than just totals, so transactions are more spelled out and transparent.
- Set up multi-year budgets, allowing transaction-based budget tracking across ﬁscal years.
- Justiﬁcations give the preparer the opportunity to make notes on the speciﬁc G/L account or worksheet entry, eliminating the need for extraneous email correspondence.
Budget Monitoring and Modifications
With Serenic BudgetVision, you can easily monitor and make adjustments to posted budgets with the authorization of your budget administrator.
- Post adjustments using the same process as the original posting.
- View the original budget and any modiﬁcations with details.
- Track and view multiple budgets simultaneously so you can easily see how your budget, projects or grants are tracking.
- Automate processes for reviewing, tracking revisions, and ﬁnal approvals, enabling a more proactive budget management process.
Included are the critical functions you would expect in any budgeting module: creating new plans with a couple clicks; automated budget rules within your G/L to monitor purchase requests, purchase orders and spending against your budget real-time; purchasing based on available budgets; and restricting transactions from occurring based on your budget rules.
Reviews of BudgetVision Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use BudgetVision? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!