Sage 300 is a business management software solution designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Critical program functionality includes support for accounting, sales, service, purchasing, and inventory management tasks.
Sage 300 helps businesses:
- Increase cross-departmental collaboration via an integrated management platform
- Maintain a real-time view of corporate finances and operational performance metrics
- Reduce transactional inefficiencies in order to optimize productivity
- Enable decision-makers to access key management functionality anytime and anywhere
Sage 300 is available in two product versions—the legacy Sage 300 product and Sage 300c. Sage 300c is a subscription-based version of the software that provides web screen capabilities to allow users to access core product functionality via a web-browser.
Sage 300 is a well-established business management program with thousands of active deployments that is sold by a global network of Sage authorized partners.
Sage 300 Resources
- Video Overview
- Sage 300 Real World Evaluations
- Quick Facts Q&A
- Target Organization Size
- Customization & Add-ons
- Module Descriptions
- User Reviews
Sage 300 Video Overview
Sage 300 Real World Evaluations
Wondering if Sage 300 is right for your organization? To better understand if it is a fit for you, explore data detailing the functional requirements, anticipated spending ranges, and company attributes of 50 businesses who recently considered purchasing Sage 300.
Quick Facts Q&A
Q. What functionality does Sage 300 include?
Sage 300 supports a broad range of business management functionality including finance, operations, sales, and service. To meet the needs of organizations with multinational operations, Sage 300 offers multi-currency and multi-language capabilities. Integration with other Sage products allows the Sage 300 solution to be expanded to support CRM, HRMS, time tracking, advanced business intelligence, and payment processing requirements. More.
Q. How much does Sage 300 cost?
The price of Sage 300 depends on a variety of factors including required functionality (feature bundle selection), user count, implementation and support needs, promotion eligibility, and vendor pricing.
The median estimated spending range for buyers considering Sage 300 is $23,000. Additionally, 77% of Sage 300 reviewers report a maximum total estimated spending range for 3 years total cost of ownership in the tens of thousands of dollars range.
Customized Sage 300 pricing is available upon request and more Sage 300 pricing info can be found below.
Q. What are the licensing options for Sage 300?
There are multiple licensing models available for Sage 300. For new customers, Sage 300 is licensed only on a subscription basis via the Sage 300c offering. At present, existing Sage 300 customers can still purchase the Sage 300 2017 version, rather than licensing the software on a subscription basis.
There are three version bundles available for Sage 300 (Essentials, Advanced, and Complete) which offer progressively more extensive system functionality. Additionally, select modules can be licensed a la carte. Bundle and module license costs are determined on a per user basis.
Q. What industries is Sage 300 appropriate for?
Sage 300 offers broad functionality designed to support the needs of organizations in a wide variety of industries. It is most commonly used by distribution, professional services, and manufacturing companies.
Additional Sage 300 industry popularity data can be found below.
Q. What size companies use Sage 300?
Sage 300 is developed and marketed for small to medium-sized business.
The median employee count for organizations considering Sage 300 is 20. Additionally, 57% of Sage 300 reviewers report evaluating the product as an option for use in companies ranging between 10 and 99 employees.
For a more detailed breakdown of Sage 300 interest by company size, see below.
Q. What’s the difference between Sage 300 and Sage 300c?
The Sage 300c offering is an evolution of the legacy Sage 300 product enriched with broad support for web screens. The web screen capability offers users the option to access the software via their web browser.
Another key difference between Sage 300 and Sage 300c relates to the licensing model. Sage 300c is available exclusively on a subscription pricing model, while Sage 300 is offered as a purchased option.
Q. Is Sage 300 available “on the cloud”?
The web screen capabilities of Sage 300c allow for anywhere, anytime cloud software access. Sage 300c can be deployed on an internal web server or hosted by a 3rd party hosting provider. At present, Sage does not offer a developer hosted deployment option for Sage 300 or Sage 300c.
Q. What operating systems can the Sage 300 client software run on?
The native Sage 300 client-server client side application is designed for Windows operating systems. However, the support for browser-based web screens provided by Sage 300c allows users to run the software from devices running any of a variety of operating systems.
Q. What kind of tech support is available for Sage 300?
Sage Business Care tech support is available for all versions of Sage 300. Subscribing to Sage Business Care provides software version updates, knowledge base access, chat support, phone support, and additional assistance. Additional support and consulting services can be contracted via Sage authorized solution partners.
Q. What additional 3rd party software is available to extend Sage 300 functionality?
A number of 3rd party software solutions are available to extend Sage 300 offering functionality ranging from advanced AR & collections to EDI functionality. For a list of popular add-on solutions for augmenting Sage 300, see below.
Sage 300 is a business management software solution enabling key finance, operations, sales, and service departmental processes.
The functionality checklist below documents Sage 300 feature support across a variety of common ERP and business management requirements:
|Accounts Payable||Yes||Vendor payment automation; GL journal entry batch updates; multi-currency & multi-language check printing|
|Accounts Receivable||Yes||A/R prepayment support; credit card processing; period end automation; user definable security authorization|
|Equipment Management||No||Authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Bank Reconciliation||Yes||Full reconciliation audit trail; bank services security authorizations; guided reconciliation|
|Benefits Management||No||Available in Sage HRMS; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Bill of Materials||Yes||Fixed & variable cost reporting; build quantity definition|
|Billing||Yes||Aging period definition; customer credit management; fixed price, time & materials, or cost plus project costing options|
|Budgeting||No||Available in Sage Budgeting and Planning; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Business Intelligence||Yes||Sage Intelligence integrates and is provided with a Sage 300 Business Care subscription|
|Cash Flow Management||Yes||Bank services integration, reconciliation support, bank transfers|
|Commissions Management||Yes||Item commission eligibility management; salesperson definable commission rates|
|Credit Card Processing||Yes||Requires Sage Payment Solutions subscription; PA-DSS and PCI compliant|
|Customer Relationship Management||No||Available in Sage CRM; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|eCommerce||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|EDI||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Employee Records||No||Available in Sage HRMS; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Estimating||No||Available in Sage Estimating; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Field Service Management||No||Available in the Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate product|
|Fixed Asset Tracking||No||Available in Sage Fixed Assets; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Fund Accounting||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Fundraising Management||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|General Ledger||Yes||Fiscal year definition; account segments & groups; GL security authorization control|
|Human Resources||No||Available in Sage HRMS; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Inventory Control||Yes||FIFO, LIFO, standard, & moving average costing; serial #/lot trcking; item/sku number customization|
|Job Costing||Yes||Hierarchical assignment of costs project levels; burden/overhead tracking; billing integration; flexible cost category customization|
|Manufacturing Execution System||No||Sage X3 ERP or recommended for manufacturing/production management capabilities|
|Material Requirements Planning||No||Sage X3 ERP or Sage 500 recommended for complex MRP requirements|
|Payroll||No||Available via Sage HRMS or Sage Payroll Services|
|Point of Sale||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Project Management||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Purchasing||Yes||Vendor contract cost management; email integration; cost proration; returns management|
|Quotes||Yes||Quote expiration management; quote to order conversion; customer quote history|
|Recruitment and Talent Management||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Sales Forecasting||No||Available in Sage Budgeting and Planning; authorized 3rd party add-ons available as well|
|Sales Order Management||Yes||Integration with A/R for customer credit management; quote to order conversion; inventory integration; customizable fields|
|Time Tracking||No||Available in Sage Timeslips|
|Warehouse Management (Advanced)||No||Sage authorized 3rd party vendor add-ons available|
|Work Order Management||No||Sage 100 Contractor, Sage 300 CRE, Sage X3 ERP, or Sage 500 recommended for work order management functionality|
Pricing for Sage 300 depends on a number of different factors including selected feature bundle, subscription versus purchase model, user count, hosting needs, implementation and on-going support requirements, promotion eligibility, and vendor pricing.
The following chart displays a breakdown of estimated maximum spending ranges reported by software buyers who recently reviewed Sage 300 as a purchase option.
Sage 300 is a popular business management offering for companies in a wide variety of industries. Additionally, the presence of an active network of ISVs and solution partners developing add-on programs offers customers the ability to customize the software to meet a range of industry challenges.
Target Organization Size
Sage 300 is intended for use by small and medium-sized organizations. The median size of organizations who consider Sage 300 based on recent review activity is 20 employees.
Sage 300 Add-Ons
The capabilities of Sage 300 can be significantly extended through the use of add-on software designed to integrate with the product.
The following solutions have been developed by independent software vendors and certified for use with Sage 300:
|AccTech Internal Requisitions||AccTech Systems||Inventory|
|Anytime Collect||e2b Teknologies||Accounts Receivable|
|AvaTax ST||Avalara||Sales Tax|
|eBridge Software Web Store Front Integration||eBRIDGE Software||Integration|
|eComm Suite||Iciniti Corporation||eCommerce|
|Edisoft Merchant||Edisoft Inc.||EDI|
|GUMU for Sage 300 ERP||Greytrix||Data Import|
|Integration Manager||SmartPoint IT Solutions||Integration|
|MISys Manufacturing||Manufacturing Info Systems||Manufacturing|
|RedTail Transaction Manager||Redtail Solution||EDI|
|Sage Alerts and Workflow||Vineyardsoft Corporation||Utility|
|Service Manager||Technisoft||Field Service|
|Stonefield Query||Stonefield Software||Business Intelligence|
|TrueCommerce EDI||HighJump, TrueCommerce EDI Solutions||EDI|
|Warehouse Suite Collect Edition||Accellos||Warehouse Management|
|Warehouse Suite Fulfill Edition||Accellos||Warehouse Management|
|WorkPlace Requisition and Procurement||Paramount Technologies||Purchasing|
|XM Oxygen||XM Software Limited||eCommerce|
|XM Symphony||XM Software Limited||eCommerce|
The product information presented on this page is based on information provided by the developer and from previous software buyers who considered Sage 300 via Find Accounting Software referrals. Last update: 1/23/2016.
Accounts Payable provides robust accounting features to streamline your entire cash flow process and help you save money. Accounts Payable has a powerful library of accounting and reporting features that facilitate rapid entry of vendor invoices, flexible cash disburse-ment and full check reconciliation using Bank Services. With this comprehensive financial management tool, you can prioritize payments, negotiate terms, reduce bad debts and keep 1099 and Contract Payment Reporting System (CPRS) information for vendors that are subject to 1099/CPRS reporting—all in a timely manner. With its powerful accounting and reporting features, Accounts Payable makes it easy to manage the detailed information your company requires.
Accounts Payable Capabilities
- Force or withhold payment of individual transactions, controlling the maximum payment amount, and /or excluding specific vendors.
- Organize vendor records quickly and easily, and flag inactive records that are retained for historical reporting.
- Create a new vendor and remit-to location when entering an invoice.
- Drill down from the vendor’s transactions and payments in Vendor Activity to the originating transactions and payments.
- Indicate vendors subject to 1099/CPRS reporting.
- Drill down from General Ledger transaction history to Accounts Payable transactions and then to originating Purchase Orders transactions.
- Import transactions from other applications.
- Automatically distribute invoices to as many general ledger expense or asset accounts as you require by defining distribution sets.
- Set up and schedule recurring payables for invoices paid on a regular basis and automatically remind staff to process recurring payables.
- Calculate tax for vendor invoices or manually distribute tax.
- Track, calculate, and automatically retain a portion of an invoice to handle common billing practices in the construction industry.
- View your vendor payments by bank range, vendor range, check status, transaction type, date range, year and period range, and check number range.
- Generate and print system checks for current payables and forced transactions with or without payments advices.
- Prepay invoices that you have not yet received.
- Automatically generate separate checks for each invoice or create summary checks.
- Reinstate invoices by reversing posted checks.
- Print checks in English, French, and Spanish.
- Change discount percentages or amounts as required and establish standard payment selection criteria for creating check batches.
- 1099/CPRS Amounts
- Aged Cash Requirements
- Aged Payables
- Batch Listing
- Batch Status
- Check Register
- General Ledger Transactions
- Posting Journals
- Vendor Transactions
With Accounts Receivable, you can manage your customers and finetune customer relations by keeping track of important sales information and outstanding balances. Accounts Receivable allows you to easily apply cash to outstanding invoices and create recurring charges for quick invoicing of monthly charges. Accounts Receivable is also fully integrated with Bank Services, for complete bank reconciliation.
Accounts Receivable Capabilities
- Create summary or detailed invoices using the item price list and calculate taxes on a summary or line-by-line basis.
- Organize customer records quickly and easily, and create an unlimited number of ship-to locations for each customer.
- Flag customer records as inactive when you wish to discontinue regular use but want to retain the record in the system for historical and reporting purposes.
- Drill down from General Ledger transaction history to Accounts Receivable transactions and then to originating Order Entry transactions.
- Import transactions from other applications.
- Schedule any number of recurring charge invoices for fast invoicing of monthly charges, and update recurring charges automatically by amount or percentage.
- Create adjustment batches automatically to write off small account or transaction balances, and choose whether to charge interest on overdue balances or individual invoices.
- Specify the debit and credit amounts for each detail entered in Adjustment Entry and for miscellaneous adjustments in Receipt Entry.
- Track sales statistics for each salesperson.
- Drill down from the customer’s transactions and receipts in Customer Activity to the originating transactions and receipts.
- Track, calculate, and automatically retain a portion of an invoice to handle common billing practices in the construction industy.
- Print and review complete transaction details, including the details of receipts and adjustments applied to transactions, and keep a complete transaction history.
- View your customer receipts by bank range, customer range, receipt status, transaction type, date range, year and period range, and receipt number range.
- Perform on-screen aging and preview customer transactions.
- Review up-to-the-minute information including current balance, last activities and complete transaction details, and detailed statistics for each customer account.
- Send statements and invoices to your customer’s billing address, customer’s e-mail address, or contact’s e-mail address.
- Create custom invoices, statements, and deposit slips.
- Set up standard e-mail messages you can automatically send to your customers with their documents.
- Create a new customer and ship-to location when entering an invoice.
- Print aged Trial Balance, Overdue Receivables, Customer Transactions, Customer List and Statistics, and General Ledger transaction reports using sorting and selection options to focus on desired transactions.
- Aged Trial Balance
- Batch Listing
- Batch Status
- Customer Transactions
- Deposit Slips
- General Ledger Transactions
- Item Sales History
- Posting Journals
Alerts and Alerts Server
Deliver the information needed to create highly responsive, proactive, customer-facing organizations.
Alerts enhance communications from your companys back office, front-office, and e-commerce systems by monitoring data fields for a specified activity. The program automatically communicates specified activities to appropriate customers, employees, or business partners.
For you, that means automated processes that reduce delivery cycle time and accelerate revenue. For your customers, that means doing business with a company they can count on for efficient, reliable, and attentive service. Reduce delivery cycle time with automated business processes Keep employees and business partners informed for better decision-making Access real-time data to quickly respond to changing business conditions
Fixed Asset Management
Maximize the lifecycle and cost-efficiency of your fixed assets from acquisition to disposal.
Reduce your insurance and tax expenses by more effectively managing and depreciating your fixed assets with Sage Fixed Assets. This comprehensive, integrated fixed asset management software solution gives businesses and organizations of any size total command and control over your entire fixed asset lifecycle.
- Cost-effective, comprehensive management suite works directly to your Sage 300 General Ledger software
- Intuitive interface accelerates learning and simplifies reporting
- Seamlessly integrates between accounting, inventory and reporting applications
Sage FAS provides:
- Construction-in-progress management
- Fixed asset depreciation calculations for financial and tax reporting
- Asset inventory reconciliation
- Customized reporting
The choice of the “Big Four” accounting firms with more than 100,000 users nationwide, Sage FAS is the cost-effective, comprehensive fixedasset management solution chosen 3 to 1 over all competing solutions combined.
Sage 300 G/L Security enables organizations to control which users can view or use certain general ledger accounts based on segment validation in G/L Security settings.
G/L Security Capabilities
- Control access to any account in your general ledger by segment. This allows you to limit user activity to a prescribed set of accounts, blocking sensitive or confidential accounts from being seen or changed.
- Tailor access to accounts for each Sage 300 user or group of users
- Set access rights for single or multi-segment validation or for single or multiple account validation.
- Restrict users from viewing batches containing accounts from which they are prohibited.
- Restrict users to adding accounts only to segments to which they have access.
- Add or remove user restrictions at any time in response to staffing changes, changes to your account structure, or as security concerns arise.
- Restrict financial reports only to valid accounts.
General Ledger is the foundation of your accounting system, with flexibility that meets the current and future financial management requirements of organizations of all types and sizes. It provides a robust feature set designed to handle your most demanding budgeting and processing needs. General Ledger fully integrates with all modules and is the key to maximizing the efficiency and accuracy of your financial data.
General Ledger Capabilities
- Integrate powerful financial diagnostic and strategic analysis tools through ACCPAC CFO.
- Create alphanumeric account numbers as long as 45 characters.
- Flag General Ledger accounts as inactive to stop using them, but retain them in the system for historical and reporting purposes.
- Maintain separate periods for adjusting and closing entries.
- Assign different retained earnings accounts to different account segments.
- Set up and schedule recurring journal entries for transactions that are processed on a regular basis.
- Drill down to the originating journal entry and transaction from transaction history.
- Lock budgets to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Limit the batches shown in the Batch List window to only those from a single subledger.
- Automatically create budgets using prior-year information or choose from seven other computation methods.
- Create analytical reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and charts, and update budgets automatically through full integration with Microsoft Excel.
- Produce fast, flexible, customized financial statements through full integration with Microsoft Excel.
- Print consolidated statements or statements for any accounting division represented by an account number segment code.
- Auto-reverse entries to eliminate manual accrual tracking and specify the period for the reversal.
- Reverse a posted transaction.
- Drill down from an unposted journal entry to the originating transaction.
- Batch Listing
- Batch Status
- Chart of Accounts
- Comparative Balance Sheets
- General Ledger Options
- General Ledger Transactions Listing
- Income Statements
- Posting Journals
- Trial Balance
G/L Consolidations lets you transfer and merge General Ledger account and transaction information between separate company and branch office locations. It is also designed to enable subsidiaries and holding companies to run without being on the same network or accounting database. G/L Consolidations provides a feature set that allows your company to define the level of detail to consolidate and provides a comprehensive audit trail. The system is available in two versions: a full version for the head office and a remote-sites version for branch offices.
G/L Consolidations Capabilities
- Consolidate multiple general ledgers by transactions, net period changes, or account balances.
- Consolidate general ledgers with differing fiscal years and fiscal periods, and with different account structures by using a mapping table.
- Include budgets for a range of years in the consolidated company.
- Maintain a separate general ledger for your consolidated ledgers or consolidate with the head office or central general ledger.
- Consolidate all accounts or a partial set of accounts using the automatic balancing account (exclude entries from the consolidation if needed).
- Merge multiple accounts in subsidiaries into single holding company accounts.
- Specify a description for account balances or net change transactions.
- Maintain a detailed audit trail of all consolidation activities.
- Transfer transactions originating in a holding company back to subsidiaries to centrally maintain payroll or fixed assets.
- Automatically perform currency translation with the provision of gain or loss on translation.
- Consolidate multicurrency and single currency accounts, and general ledgers with differing functional currencies.
- Translate amounts from functional currency or source currency in the originating ledger, and specify the translation rate type.
- Export Audit
- Export Setup
- Import Audit
- Import Unit Maintenance
- Mapping Table
The Sage 300 Insight application maximizes your operational efficiency and business insight, allowing you to respond quickly to ever-changing business conditions.
- Create customized reports that satisfy every business requirement
- Improve operational efficiency with reduced consolidating and reporting cycles
- Simplify data access by automating distribution to key personnel enterprise-wide
- Automate the reporting process by scheduling data warehouse updates, report generation, and report refreshes
- Easily consolidate and distribute information to key staff, anytime, anywhere
- Improve budgeting solution that offers comprehensive bottom-up budgeting, drilldown, and write-back capabilities
Intercompany Transactions lets you enter General Ledger and Accounts Payable transactions that affect more than one company by automatically distributing transactions across two or more companies. In addition, its built-in flexibility automatically generates intercompany loan account entries according to user-defined relationship tables called routes. Intercompany Transactions simplifies and significantly reduces the amount of work required for intercompany accounting.
Intercompany Transactions Capabilities
- Process intercompany General Ledger journal entries and intercompany Accounts Payable invoices, debit notes, and credit notes.
- Create an unlimited number of routes to define relationships between companies, including multilevel routes.
- Automatically make loan account entries for intercompany transactions and distribute invoices to as many General Ledger accounts as required by defining distribution sets.
- Fully integrate with Tax Services to handle tax computations for expensed, allocated, or recoverable taxes.
- Enter transaction references and descriptions to provide a detailed audit trail for reconciliation purposes.
- Print an intercompany loan account reconciliation report to identify loan accounts that do not agree.
- Process multicurrency transactions in Intercompany Transactions, General Ledger, and Accounts Payable.
- Distribute transactions to companies with differing functional currencies.
- Create routes with originating companies, intermediate companies, and destination companies having different functional currencies.
- Process multicurrency transactions for multicurrency or single-currency intermediate and destination companies.
- Invoice Batch Listing
- Invoice Batch Status
- Loan Account Reconciliation
- Route Listing Report
- Unposted Invoice Batches
Maintain accurate stock levels and quickly process inventory transactions.
Take charge of inventory receipts, shipments, returns, and adjustments with this complete multi-location inventory tracking software and management software solution. Inventory Control helps you gain complete control over complex inbound and outbound inventory transactions to reduce carrying costs while delivering on-time orders, every time.
- Easily track your inventory as it moves through your enterprise utilizing configurable options to manage the most complex processes
- Access real-time data to streamline decision making and improve operations
- Handle fractional quantities to four decimal places and maintain different units of measure for purchasing, selling, and stock-keeping
- Use categories to classify stock and allocate costs to departments or cost centers
- Assign as many as nine vendors per item with automatic update of the last purchase
- Specify different item bin numbers for each inventory location
- Combine any number of items into a single kit and then sell the kit through * Order Entry using a single kit price instead of a price per item
- Manage unique costing, and pricing configurations for maximum flexibility in allocating costs and creating price lists
- Get inventory analysis reports for efficient management of your product lines and implementation of best practices
- Easily track serial and lot numbers, including expiration dates
Multi-Company and Global Operations Management
Easily manage global commerce across multiple companies or subsidiaries.
No matter where you do business, maximize your international insight and exchange information worldwide with Sage 300 Multi-Company and Global Operations Management. Enhanced visibility into business metrics provides critical information at your fingertips for easier, smarter daily and long-term planning, providing the vision you need to respond to business trends while minimizing risk and maximizing the effectiveness of your decisions. Set up multiple companies in one or more databases, run processes, close books, and report results by company or in a consolidated company.
- Effortlessly bring together, analyze, and report on multiple business units, subsidiaries, companies and countries within your organization.
- Set up multiple companies in one or more databases, run processes, close books, and report results by company or in a consolidated company.
- Better integrate systems, collaboration and connectivity between disparate locations.
- Leverage business intelligence to consolidate financial information across multiple companies.
- Easily conduct business worldwide with built-in support for multiple languages and multicurrency transactions.
- Capitalize on the global economy by supporting and guiding subsidiaries nationally and internationally.
Sage ERP Accpac Multi-Company and Global Operations Management includes:
- Hard and soft consolidation of general ledger transactions and inter-company processing
- Global localization with language translations per system user
- Simplified multi-currency transactions that provides insight into how the international arena is impacting your bottom line
- Support for multiple languages (ships with five out of the box) that can be set per user, currencies, and flexible configurations to support multiple legislations
- Easily implementable at multiple locations and scalable as your company grows
Count on the history and support of Sage and our extensive global network of accountants and business partners for worldwide industry expertise as well as local on-site support.
Multicurrency delivers powerful and comprehensive multicurrency accounting functions. Sophisticated currency management and the ability to process transactions in any number of currencies give your business the global competitive edge required in today’s business world.
- Unlimited currencies.
- Unlimited rate types.
- Print reports in both functional and source currencies.
- Enter transactions in any currency.
- Process payments or receipts in any currency.
- Restate outstanding source currency balances and transactions as exchange rates fluctuate with comprehensive currency revaluation.
Order Entry allows you to enter orders and sales returns and print invoices, credit notes, order confirmations, picking slips, and shipping labels. You can track transaction details and sales information on-screen and in printed reports. Order Entry integrates fully with Inventory Control and Accounts Receivable, so you always know your inventory levels and the status of your customer accounts.
Order Entry Capabilities
- Increase sales force efficiency and strategic customer management through integration with Sage Accpac CRM.
- Enter active orders, future orders, standing orders, and quotes.
- Enter orders, shipments, and invoices as separate transactions so you can divide the duties of your personnel.
- Create an order by simply selecting and copying the details of existing customers’ orders.
- Include multiple orders on a single shipment and multiple shipments on a single invoice.
- Ship items with or without first entering an order for those items.
- Send partial shipments to those customers that allow them.
- Edit and invoice partially shipped orders.
- Add new customers on the fly when you enter orders or add the customer records later.
- Assign sales proportionally to as many as five salespeople.
- Use multiple payment schedules and other payment terms defined in Accounts Receivable.
- Use password-controlled override of credit advisories.
- Recall complete invoice information when issuing credit notes.
- Print packing slips, order confirmation, and invoices for selected orders.
- Send packing slips, order confirmations, and invoices by e-mail.
- Set up standard e-mail messages you can automatically send to your customers with their documents.
- Look up customer pricing based on customer contract price, item base price, or discounted or marked-up sales prices.
- Use prices with as many as six decimal places and include taxes in the selling price.
- Automatically determine available item quantities while entering orders.
- Review sales history by customer or inventory item during order and invoice entry.
- Review and reprint customer invoice and credit note transactions, orders, invoices, and credit notes by primary salesperson.
- Easily customize order templates with standard information to speed data entry.
- Set up any number of miscellaneous charges to speed invoicing.
- Specify whole or fractional quantities on orders, if fractional quantities are used in your inventory.
- Enter order quantities using any unit of measure.
- Use customer types on orders that correspond to as many as five markup or discount price levels.
- Track sales commissions from each invoice using as many as five commission rates, based on increasing sales amounts for each salesperson.
- Calculate commissions based on sales amount or margin.
- Include serial numbers (or lot numbers) with order details using optional Serialized Inventory (or Lot Tracking) functionality.
- Aged Orders
- Order Action
- Posting Journals
- Sales History
- Sales Statistics
- Salesperson Commissions
- Transaction List
Process Server enables you to off-load transaction processing and reporting from an individual workstation onto other systems (process servers). Running on these systems,Process Server lets you send processor-intensive tasks to a computer (or a cluster of computers in high-volume environments) dedicated solely to providing processing services to client computers. In addition to providing the efficiencies of centralized processing, Process Server immediately frees client workstations, reduces network traffic, and lets you schedule exactly when the process server will begin its task, maximizing computing resources.
Project and Job Costing
Project and Job Costing provides an effective solution for project managers in construction, job service, and other professional industries who require a timeandmaterial system. It delivers the tools necessary to manage the simplest to most complex contract or job. It makes the estimating, tracking, costing, and billing of projects easy and manageable—simplifying cost control and planning. With the powerful features of Project and Job Costing you can identify potential issues and determine success factors for any project. Automated billing streamlines customer invoicing, reducing the time spent managing this process.
Project and Job Costing Capabilities
- Assign staff, material, subcontractors, equipment, miscellaneous items, and overhead to each project within the contract.
- Set up complex estimates by specifying the quantity (e.g., hours), unit cost, and billing rate (for timeandmaterials projects) for each staff member, material (inventory item), subcontractor, equipment, miscellaneous item, and overhead expense allocated to the project. Assign cost categories and automatically calculate cost and revenue estimates per cost category, or simply define the cost and revenue estimates for each project category.
- Manage contracts or jobs to three levels—contract (job), project (phase), and category.
- Maintain multiple projects or phases within each contract and track multiple categories within each project.
- Change contract, project, and category names to match industryspecific terminology.
- Maintain multiple contracts or jobs per customer.
- Use as many as five segments in your contract numbers to represent types of contracts and divisions.
- Easily navigate through the projects and categories within the contract using the optional tree view.
- Choose from three different project types—time and materials, cost plus, and fixed price.
- Select the accounting method (revenue recognition method) for each project within the contract. Choose from total cost percentage complete, category cost percentage complete, labor hours percentage complete, billings and costs, project percentage complete, completed project, or accrual*basis.
- Mix and match the project types and accounting methods for very complex or simple projects.
- Assign each category to one of six cost types (labor, material, equipment, miscellaneous, overhead, and subcontractor) to track costs at a level necessary for your company.
- Assign as many as seven progress status categories to each contract and project. Choose from estimate, approved, open, on hold, inactive, complete, and closed.
- Close a project to billings and /or costs at any time.
- Automatically override General Ledger revenue account segments for each project and cost account segments for each category.
- Allocate overhead and labor burden to each category.
- Specify whether each transaction is billable, non*billable, or no charge.
- Track, calculate, and automatically retain a portion of an invoice to handle common billing practices in the construction industry.
- Automatically create the customer’s invoice based on the transactions that are due to be billed. Review the generated billings for the customer and make necessary changes before updating Accounts Receivable.
- Transfer inventory items to a contract, project, and category and bill the customer for the inventory used.
- Return inventory items not used in the project to inventory for availability on other projects.
- As equipment is used within a project, record the cost and billing rate (for timeandmaterial projects) of the equipment so you can bill the customer for usage.
- Easily have employees manage their time and billing records from any location (on site or at the office) by entering timecards using an Internet browser.
- Approve employee timecards and expenses before updating U.S. or Canadian Payroll.
- Record miscellaneous charges such as service fees.
- Update revenue and cost estimates at any time with a full audit of the changes.
- Choose when to recognize revenue, based on GAAP requirements and your business needs.
- Review the current state of each of the projects through the centralized inquiry capabilities. Review the project status, profitability, and estimatetoactual comparisons.
- Drill down to the originating transactions
Maximize your purchasing power by implementing automated best practices
The core component of an effective purchasing system, Purchase Order fully integrates with Accounts Payable, Inventory Control and Order Entry to power up efficiency, maximize savings and enhance vendor and customer relations.
- Track your top vendors to get the best price, terms and delivery.
- Automatically update active, standing, future and blanket purchase orders.
- Combine multiple purchase orders on a single receipt and multiple receipts on a single invoice.
- Choose from seven costing methods, including Most Recent Cost, Standard Cost, Average Cost, Vendor Cost, and Last Unit Cost.
- Automatically produce purchase orders from Inventory Control reorder information or from Order Entry orders.
- Restrict access to Purchase Orders windows, costs, and quantities on invoices, and credit note adjustments.
- Design standard and custom forms and reports using built-in report writers.
- Use as a stand-alone module or integrated with Inventory Control.
Return Material Authorization
Optimize your return processes and build customer loyalty.
Expertly track your products through the entire life of the sales process from purchase order through shipping and back. Gain greater insight into the reasons for returns, process claims faster, track inventory more accurately, and optimize customer service performance.
Sage 300 RMA seamlessly integrates product inventory software with your Sage 300 accounting system.
- Quickly identify product faults and take corrective action to eliminate repeat returns
- Tracking returned items effectively and lower your cost on returns
- Avoid losing control of repair revenues
- Automatically assign RMA numbers for easy tracking
- Create a sales order in Order Entry to replace returned goods
- Speed up data entry using timesaving templates and standard reports.
Take better care of your customers and your bottom line.
Build customer satisfaction and loyalty with Sage CRM. This powerful, easy-to-use Customer Relationship Management solution provides out-of-the-box integration with Sage 300 to profile, track and target customers for improved ROI.
Automate your business processes to synchronize sales, marketing, and customer care activities across your organization and take advantage of complete business and customer perspectives. Confidently manage relationships while you focus on driving revenue through targeted campaigns, informed up-sell and cross-sell opportunities, and improved customer nurturing.
Bring a competitive edge to your HR and watch your employee ROI take off.
Improve alignment between your people and your business objectives and make your employees one of your companys strongest and most competitive assets. Make more effective strategic decisions, alleviate economic pressures and quickly resolve the multitude of tactical issues HR faces every day. Sage HRMS leverages HR’s knowledge, processes, and systems to achieve optimal return on employee investment (ROEI).
Higher accuracy and reliability of your data means higher efficiency for your organization. With a centralized database of all current and historic information about your active and non-active employees, Sage HRMS is your single source for flawless payroll processing, employee administration, registration, analysis, life-cycle management, and all other crucial employee information.
Easily access the information you need from your Sage 300 accounting system for improved operations and strategic planning.
With Sage Intelligence, you can spend more time focused on information analysis and interpretation, and less time pulling the data together.
- Improve visibility into your organization with access to business-critical data, when you need it
- Utilize customizable dashboards to transform your data into strategic decision-making intelligence
- Gain competitive advantage with extensive multi-currency and multi-company capabilities
- Boost your accuracy by eliminating redundant data entry and automating your workflow
- Protect your important business intelligence from unauthorized access with comprehensive security features
System Manager controls access to all Sage 300 accounting modules and information. It is the hub from which all other modules operate and affects nearly everything you do in your Sage 300system —from establishing security to searching for a record within a file. System Manager includes effective tools that ensure data integrity and complete processing and security management, enabling users to work more productively. System Manager also allows Sage 300 to run through a standard Web browser—without client software—centralizing IT management and lowering overall ownership costs. Additionally, System Manager provides employees, customers, and partners with secure anytime, anywhere access to Sage 300.
System Manager Capabilities
- Create analytical reports, graphs, charts, and budgets using Microsoft Excel.
- Provide true bank administration and reconciliation.
- Automate your bank reconciliation process using Open Financial Exchange (OFX), a file format that lets you download bank data electronically.
- Track checks and deposits from Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and U.S. or Canadian Payroll, and reverse and return checks.
- Maintain all tax authorities and tax classes, and provide centralized tax reporting for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Order Entry, and Purchase Orders in one place.
- Calculate surtax on tax amounts for specified tax authorities.
- Use security groups to control access to applications and specific functions within them.
- Set up different user permissions for different applications.
- Use custom macros to rearrange fields on entry forms to change how data is entered and processed, and to add business logic and rules to data entry.
- Use Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications for easy customization and interaction with other Windows-based applications.
- Automate recurring General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable transactions with scheduling and Reminder List capabilities.
- Set up schedules to remind you when recurring transactions become due and process them directly from the Reminder List.
- Automatically restart batch operations, such as importing or posting, when they are not completed successfully.
- Quickly and easily customize your desktop.
- Organize tasks by business process and create your own Sage 300 startup group.
- Share user and security information among several company databases or create separate system databases to support different security needs.
- Easily resize forms and hide fields in forms for certain users.
- Bank Transaction Types
- Company Profile
- Currency Rates
- Currency Rate Types
- Customization Directories
- Data Integrity Log
- Bank Deposits Status
- Fiscal Calendar
- Bank Reconciliation Posting Journal
- Bank Reconciliation Status
- Security Groups
- Tax Tracking
- Bank Transfer Posting Journal
- UI Profile
- Bank Withdrawals Status
Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator
Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator provides complete support for unlimited optional fields throughout all Sage 300 applications. Optional fields allow you to customize Advantage Series and provide comprehensive reporting and analysis capabilities across your entire accounting system. You can manage information more effectively and easily obtain necessary data for analyzing business operations and practices.
Transaction Analysis and Optional Field Creator allows you to define all the information you require for each General Ledger account, customer, vendor, item, transaction, and transaction detail, making it easy to record and track data from the originating transaction through to your General Ledger. Imagine being able to trace the optional field information you define for customers and items to your Order Entry orders, Order Entry shipments, Order Entry invoices, Accounts Receivable invoices through to your General Ledger journal entries and accounts! You can define unlimited text, amount, date, time, integer, number, and yes / no optional fields for use in all Sage 300 applications.
US & Canadian Payroll
U.S. and Canadian Payroll flexibility is your key to absolute control over employee earnings and benefits, special payroll situations and government reporting, allowing you to effectively meet your company’s payroll requirements and uphold personnel policies. Enter or import time cards, enter after-the-fact paychecks, run automatic calculations, or combine all three methods to get your pay data into the system and your paychecks out. Payroll handles all pay frequencies, multiple work states or provinces, unlimited earnings, deductions, benefits and taxes, and other pay factors such as expense reimbursements, accruals, and advances.
U.S. and Canadian Payroll Capabilities
- Integrates with Sage 300 HR Series for comprehensive human resource management.
- Track cash and non-cash benefits.
- Choose from a wide variety of calculation methods to compute employee benefits, earnings, and deductions.
- Assign an earnings or a deductions code automatically to a range of employees.
- Use General Ledger’s flexible account structure for cost center accounting (post to cost centers by employee, by job, or even by part of a job).
- Track Canadian earnings for WCB reporting.
- Tailor benefits, deductions, and earnings to track and report RPPs, RRSPs, and other benefits; court-ordered alimony and maintenance payments; wage advances; plus in the U.S., report cafeteria plans, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, 408(k)(6)s, 457s, 501(c) (18)(d)s, wage garnishments, IRAs, and more.
- Post expenses only, or post liabilities and expenses to cost centers and easily change the cost center for all the accounts involved in a transaction.
- Create templates to quickly add new employees and set up selection lists of employees for whom you can calculate payroll and perform other processing functions.
- Streamline your timecard entry by providing support for self-service timecards.
- Globally update particular fields for earnings, deductions, and taxes assigned to employees.
- Process by date without being tied to pay periods with required openings and closings.
- In Canada, create as many as four different classes to allow payroll calculation, paycheck sorting, and report production for any combination of employees.
- Set up single schedules covering vacation or sick day accrual for all employees, regardless of years of service, and a single overtime payment schedule for employees in every pay frequency, or create as many schedules as needed.
- Use in concert with Bank Services to track checks, handle check reversals, and keep an audit trail of all paychecks.
- View employee statistics and checks.
- Produce comprehensive processing reports, including pre- and post-check registers and analysis of earnings, benefits, deductions, accruals, and taxes for the pay period.
- Process payroll in a currency other than your functional currency.
- Provide electronic funds transfer and direct deposit capabilities through integration with EFT Direct Payroll.
- In the U.S., print W-2s on paper forms and submit to taxing authorities on diskette, proof and print a 941 report with the exact information needed to complete Form 941, and track and report Workers’ Compensation, SUTA, and FUTA.
- In Canada, track employment insurance, print complete Record of Employment information, and print T4 forms.
- Earnings and Hours
- Earnings / Deductions Summary
- Employee Information
- Expense Reimbursements
- Manual Checks
- Overtime Schedules
- Payroll Processing Exceptions
- Payroll Register
- Pre-Check Payroll Register
- Shift Differential Schedules
- Tax Calculation Analysis
- Tax Profiles
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation Codes
U.S. Government Reports
- Quarterly Wage
- W-2 Forms
Canadian Government Reports
- CCRA Remittance Info
- Ministre du Revenu Info
- Record of Employment
- T4 Forms
Reviews of Sage 300 Write a Review
An anonymous Sage 300 user says...
Very flexible and easy to use system as long as you understand accounting. I would recommend this to any larger company that needs more the QuickBooks can provide
The good: Very strongly supported with excellent training available online
The bad: Step by step guide would be nice for new users
dont like anything about this company and this program. it is NOT user friendly at all
The good: for new users this software is VERY Difficult to understand and use. How about some GREAT and easy to follow training? THe gal that we paid over a lot of money to install and teach the program gets an F-. She did NOT teach this software to the one who needs it the most. She spoke way too fast and it was very difficult to understand. NO printed materials were given out. This would have been most helpful.
The bad: it is NOT easy to follow. THe help pages offer no help. How come there is no on line support for this very very expensive system? I know how expensive it is since I cut the check.
Jeremy from North Star Academy says...
We purchased accounts receivable software for managing customer accounts, sending invoices/statements, accepting cash or credit card payments.
The Good: It seemed very versatile and customizable
The Bad: The interface seems a bit outdated but more or less inline with its competitors or better. It seems nobody has brought web2.0 us to full featured accounting software as of yet.
An anonymous Sage 300 user says...
provides the necessary management of our data as expected
The good: easy to use
John from Well Worldwide Energy Logistics says...
it is gl accounting package with sufficient detail at transactional level for us to manage a/p a/r and P&L mgmt.
The good: Transactional detail and ties with our existing systems in UK
The bad: too early to tell have not implemented yet