ProTrac is an ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning Software package that is designed for distributors who have to compete daily with larger wholesale operations. Our ProTrac customer needs all of the modern and up to date business features, but do not have the deep pockets of their competitors. To fill this need we developed ProTrac in the early 90’s and today we have 200 plus small to mid-sized wholesalers in 44 states. Our customer range from 4 to 50 users and have up 12 branch operations.
Because we concentrate our marketing in this marketplace, we have kept both the initial investment and on-going software support affordable. We maintain ProTrac at the highest level of technology. We are constantly updating our software. Annual updates are a part of our monthly support contract. You will never need to purchase our next software release. It is a part of your software support contract.
ProTrac is a new as tomorrow morning
ProTrac can be installed in either:
- A Server based installation
- A Cloud based Installation
- As the customer you make that decision. The Cloud is not for everyman. If you feel uncomfortable having your data stored remotely, we are more than happy to install your data on your own in-house Server. If in the future, you wish to move to a Cloud environment, we would move your data from your server to our Cloud environment.
At PDSI, you are the customer and we work for you
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Purchasing Management
- Sales Management (five levels of commission)
- Inventory Replenishment
- At PDSI we designed for our customers a simple and powerful replenishment program because we know that Inventory is the only asset that produces a profit.
- Inter-warehouse Transfers for multiple branches
- Truck Processing - Selling from your Van or Truck
- SWOT Customer Relations Management
- Electronic Forms for Emailing, Faxing, or Printing Invoices, Quotes, Purchase Orders
- Repair and Service Processing for Tools or Equipment
- Repairs are tracked for repairs done in-house or sent to an outside repair facility
- ProTrac maintains control of both to help you stay on top of all repair orders
- Overseas container processing of Purchase Orders
- Kits and Assemblies (Large and Small)
- Kits can be built at the time of order
- Single Level Assemblies can be built and put on a shelf for resale
- Assemblies can be Disassembled and the parts, put back on the shelf
- E Business
- Interface to your Web Site / Store Front
- Internet Ordering, by your customers ProLinc, ( Does not require a Web site or Store Front)
- Customer can search your inventory
- Customer can have Favorite Orders
- Customer will only see their pricing and their orders (password protected)
- They can look up of all open and closed orders
- Customer Can see the Aging of their own account
- For Cut Flower Wholesalers and Agricultural Distributors
- Seasonal/Holiday Order Tracking
- Customer Letters for Sales Follow Up
- Break down of sales by Item and by Color
- Category Tracking for Holiday or Civic Events
- Standing Orders for a day or special day
Popular Functionality Modules
Order Entry In ProTrac’s Order Entry we give you access to all inventory via searches by Product Line, Class, Sub Class, Word in text (180 characters), Wild Card (Partial Word in Text),…
Inventory Management and Replenishment Inventory Centric - ProTrac® doesn’t just focus on accounting issues, like most generic software programs. ProTrac® is a full inventory and warehouse management…
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) every distributor has returned product that needs to be sent back to the factory. ProTrac’s RMA lets our customer stay on top of that process.…
Accounts Receivable The power of ProTrac’s Account Receivable Program can be seen right in Order Entry. A Sales Person can see all outstanding invoices on the first screen of the ProTrac Order…
General Ledger We set up your Chart of Accounts based on your current chart of accounts. This one time set up saves you time and hassle. With the General Ledger module, you get complete,…
Complete Functionality Module List
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger
- Inventory Management and Replenishment
- Job and Category Tracking
- Kits and Assemblies and Bill of Materials
- Order Entry
- ProLinc E Business Software
- Purchase Orders
- Results Report Writer
- Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
- SWOT Testing a Customer
- Work Orders
Reviews of ProTrac - Distribution Software Write a Review
Dennis Funderburg from Dayton Tool says…
ProTrac has been our software vendor since 2004. The software has helped us to maintain excellent control over our inventory, customer pricing and customer sales. ProTrac offers a Fast Order Entry and a Complete Replenishment Program that has let us keep Inventory In check, while improving our customer service levels.
Brad Brunia from Electric Wholesale says…
ProTrac is a very Powerful System! In 2003 we made the decision to replace our old software. We looked at several systems and in the end chose ProTrac. It has helped us expand while maintaining our emphasis on Customer Service. We have the right products at a competitive price.
I use the Results Report Generator to create reports that I want. If I get stuck I contact PDSI and their support team will come in and help me get the information that I want. It is part of the support contract.
Ben Rymon from CAD Co says…
We have been working with ProTrac and PDSI as our software provider since 2004. They maintain ProTrac at a level that allows us to concentrate on selling more equipment. I never worry about our data because the ProTrac database is rock solid.
Will Bridges from Bayside Electric Supply says…
We have worked with Professional Data Systems and ProTrac since 2001. They continue to add new versions which is covered in our software support. The ProTrac software and their development has allowed us to grow and be profitable.