The General Ledger module gives users advanced general ledger and financial reporting capabilities designed to meet the needs of todays businesses. Entries can be posted to current, previous, and future periods, and allows periods to be locked from posting. Flexible report formats provide comprehensive financial, comparative, and audit trail options.
Features of General Ledger
- Flexible account structure allows you to define an account number for as many as 24 alphanumeric characters.
- Easily define as many as six account segments, allowing information tracking for multiple cost centers, departments, locations, product lines, etc.
- Flexible sub-typing of GL Accounts and reporting allows users to group accounts for reporting.
- Open-period posting allows entries to be posted to any period in a three-year window in detail or summary.
- Provides virtually unlimited budgeting.
- Custom groups of accounts for budgeting and reporting purposes.
- Includes GL consolidation to combine, edit, and report information from multiple companies and various periods.
- Account inquiries give easy access to information including drill down and auditing of sub-ledger detail as well as ability to drill down to source documents.
- Budget data can be exported and imported to and from popular spreadsheets.
- GL accounts can be imported as an entire account segment or just Account Major from a variety of file formats.
- Supports four types of journal entries: standard, recurring, automatic distribution, and allocation.
- Journal entries can be imported from a variety of file formats.
- Reversing Journal Entries Wizard generates reversing journal entries to any period.
- Tailor report formats without creating custom reports with user-defined headers and footers, subtotaling, and column definition.
- 13-period Income Statement available for reporting actual budget information.
- Release all subledgers from GL at one time.
Over 60 financial, comparative, and audit trail report formats may be customized from a matrix of user-selected options: displayed, printed, exported to a spreadsheet, faxed, sent by e-mail, or saved on disk. Available reports include:
- Account Reconciliation
- Balance Sheets
- Chart of Accounts
- File Listings of Recurring Entries, Account Groups, Types
- General Ledger
- Income Statements
- Performance Ratio Report
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balances
- Unposted Transaction Edit Lists