The order entry module incorporates all of the processes and functions associated with processing orders. This includes creating and maintaining orders, releasing orders for subsequent purchasing or production processing, picking and shipping orders, receiving purchased material for orders, Invoicing, commission calculation and cash management.
Features of the system are:
- Full integration with customer and product management facilities
- Efficient entry and management of customer orders, including Back Order tracking, Creation and printing of Pick Lists, Packing Slips and Invoices, ability to hold orders prior to release and ability to add unlimited notes that track date/time and contact for the specific note.
- Flexible controls to apply the sophisticated business rules to order processing
- A number of automated processes to assure that orders are fulfilled and shipped on time
- Order release processing, including demand creation for product and sub-components (based on Bills of Material multi-level) and creation of purchase requisitions for all material shortages to either manufacture or ship the product from stock.
- Back order allocation system for allocating bulk receipts to outstanding customer orders.
- Ability to handle Volume rebate programs on a customer specific basis as well as co-op programs for specific customers and products.
- Cash management including AR cash receipts, miscellaneous cash receipts, deposits on account and NSF processing.
- Automated interface to General Ledger for sales, cost of sales, inventory and cash and full audit trail on transactions.
- Variety of forms for order acknowledgement, packing slips, invoices, pick tickets and customer statements.
- Extensive number of operational, financial and statistical reports. The Ops system maintains all orders and invoices until purged at the customer’s discretion. The ability to view historical sales and gross margin data based on any selected date range, sales rep, territory, customer, product, or product class is provided.