The Inventory system provides the capability for tracking and maintaining inventory information. The system maintains all incoming transactions through the purchasing / AP system and all outgoing transactions through the Order Entry/AP system. In addition the inventory system allows for separate adjustment transactions for modifying the quantity on hand. The inventory system tracks quantities on purchase orders, in stock, allocated to customer orders and on rentals. In addition we offer an optional RF module (described in the following section) that allows tracking of Inventory movements within a Warehouse as well as pick to order and other features.
Features of the Inventory System are:
- Ability to track inventory in an unlimited number of warehouses. This includes the tracking of quantity on hand, allocated to customer orders as well as outstanding on supplier purchase orders. Warehouses may be designated as Available or Unavailable from an inventory perspective.
- Creation and maintenance of Product data including associated bills of material and process routings (for work orders) if required. Setting of inventory rules for stocking; order point and EOQ quantities for stocked parts as well as group and subgroup codes. Maintenance of cost information including standard, weighted average and last costs. Maintaining preferred supplier and associated part number for creation of purchase requisitions, maintaining product weight and physical dimensions and maintaining Rental and Warranty information. Support for multiple vendors and /or manufacturers of a given part with associated costs and Units of Measure (UOM).
- A full regeneration of the material planning (MRP) that balances orders, inventory and PO quantities and creates purchase requisitions for any material shortfalls. The MRP module supports two modes a standard mode and a time phased mode where material lead times are taken into account. MRP will account for all material required in an assembly if there is insufficient quantity on hand. That is it will perform a multi level explosion of the bill and create a demand for the component parts.
- Tracking of inventory serial numbers for products classified as serialized.
- Automatic relief of component parts when assemblies are shipped that do not have a sufficient quantity on hand.
- Kit assembly with appropriate work instructions can be provided in paper format or electronically to a work cell.
The following is a partial list of the Inventory system reporting capability:
- Product price list internal with cost and selling price. Product price list for customer with customer pricing and selectable for different groups of products.
- Inventory valuation reports based on either standard or weighted average cost. These reports are available at the summary level or will also provide details of the inventory warehouse distribution.
- Detailed audit transaction reports with selection capability for transaction type, product group or product code showing all transactions that have effected inventory levels.
- Receiving report for a user selectable date range.
- Serial tracking report for selectable, products, product groups or serial numbers. With the ability to view all serial numbers or only those currently in a physical warehouse.