Take the Paper out of Purchasing.
eRequester is by far the best and most robust Web-based purchase requisition, approval, Purchase Order and receiving solution for Sage PFW ERP.
Manage Your Purchasing eRequester is a robust Web-based e-procurement application that enables your organization to define and implement purchasing practices to streamline and manage its supply chain. Designed to meet the needs of mid to large-sized organizations in both the private and public sectors, eRequester provides tremendous control over the entire purchasing process, including internal purchase requests, notifications, approvals, management of items, projects, general ledger accounts, vendors, creation of purchase orders, receiving and invoice matching. As a competitively priced strategic investment, eRequester can help your entire organization run more smoothly, while providing internal controls and defined purchasing processes to assist with the reporting requirements under Section 404 of the Federal Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
How it Works eRequester uses a web browser to allow employees to request items they need. Users simply login to the applicable eRequester company that is pointed to a corresponding Platinum for Windows company and they enter their purchase requisitions into web-based forms. Information, such as vendors, items, GL accounts, tax rates, shipping, project and other information is pulled directly from the PFW company in real time using ODBC and made available for selection on the requisition. Once the forms are completed, the user submits. Requests are routed for approval through eRequester’s robust routing engine, which sends out an email notification to the next approver in the authorization chain. The approver can click on a link in the email, log in, review, and approve, reject, request more info or require changes. Once approved, requisitions can be edited and/or easily posted into purchase orders in PFW’s PO Module. The Purchase Order can then be pulled up in eRequester, sent to the vendor by email, fax or print and then with the eRequester Receiving Module, users can create receipts that can be saved into PFW’s PO module to facilitate the matching of receipts, invoices and purchase orders.
One Point of Data Entry eRequester eliminates the delay and double entry of traditional, paper-based requisition processes. Orders only need to be entered into the system once, reducing duplicate efforts. The web-based forms have all the required data fields for a purchase order in the correct format for PFW, with required information for vendors, items, account numbers, quantities, cost, taxes and more. Plus, any requisition can be saved as a Template and/or duplicated and re-used in a new requisition to avoid reentering data.
Faster Turn-Around On Purchases Inefficiencies in the purchasing process can cost hundreds of dollars in employee time for even one purchase request. eRequester eliminates the need to manually re-enter purchasing data thereby reducing the errors and turnaround time associated with traditional manual processes. The order entry and approval process is streamlined as there are no paper forms lost in the clutter of a manager’s desks, and information is readily available to review and process.
Online Review of Requisitions eRequester tracks the status of every purchase request. If a requisition is waiting for a manager’s approval, email notifications initiate action. Purchasing managers can review orders at every step in the process and have complete visibility over all requisitions in the company. A Requisition History is maintained in eRequester that shows who created the request, the approvers, the person who created the PO, and any comments made along the way.
Features and Benefits eRequester is packed with features including but not limited to, the following:
- Saves Time and Money
- Centralizing and automating the purchase requisition, approval, order and receiving process
- Reducing errors and duplicative data entry
- Eliminating paper work while capturing all relevant information in a centralized database for easy access
- Reducing “rogue” spending
- Encouraging the use of preferred vendors, which enables better terms and prices
- Easy Requisition Creation
- Assign a unique requisition ID to each requisition for easy search, tracking and reference
- Select a requesting department or cost center from a dropdown list
- Select an approved PFW vendor or request that a new vendor be added to PFW
- Add items to each requisition, with comments, costs, GL accounts, taxes, ship dates and more
- Select or enter a ship to location, contact person and ship method
- Submit notes and comments to approvers
- Review all the details of the requisition on a single screen
- Submit the requisition for approval based on robust routing rules
- Generate an email notification to designated approvers that a requisition is waiting for approval
- Save requisitions as Templates for easy re-use, without duplicative data entry
Intuitive Approval Process eRequester makes requisition approval easy and highly flexible. An unlimited number of approval levels can be created based on the company, dollar amount, department, request type and more. eRequester sends email notifications letting approvers know when they have requisitions waiting for approval so they can easily view the details and approve, reject, require changes or request more information. Designated approvers can also edit requisitions after standard approval routing, route for additional approval and add comments to the Requisition History to convey any pertinent information.
eRequester’s robust approval routing engine allows for:
- An unlimited number of approval levels
- Flexible routing rules and exceptions for any request type, such as capital or non-budgeted
- Ability to setup any routing path based on the request type
- Carbon copy options that allow requisition details to be reviewed by appropriate personnel
- Proxy approval for unavailable users
- Seamless Integration with PFW’s PO Module
eRequester web-enables the process for creating purchase orders into PFW from approved requisitions by notifying designated users that approved requisitions are waiting to be converted to purchase orders. Users can see all of approved requisitions in a list and batch create the purchase orders or they can be reviewed individually, edited, sent for additional approvals, and then posted directly to PFW’s PO Module with the click of the mouse. Purchase orders can then be printed, emailed or sent by fax out to vendors for fulfillment
Receiving Module Provides remote, distributed access to purchase order and receiving information from a web browser
- Allows receiving information to be entered by any specified users
- Displays an easy-to-use web form that simplifies the receiving process
- Allows for an unlimited number of multiple partial receipts
- Saves and update receipts in PFW with invoice and receipt information
- Allows for under-receiving
- Allows for system-wide limits to prevent over-receiving
- Allows for additional approval routing of any receipt overages (i.e., change orders)
- Permits receiving against blanket purchase orders
Project Module eRequester’s Project Module integration piece provides real-time access to the project accounting information set up in PFW’s Project Module. This allows corresponding project segments setup in PFW, such as project, phase, task, change order and project type, to be available in eRequester in real time, so that that the project codes can be associated with any requested line items. The Project Module enables tracking of purchase orders and requisitions by project for better control over expenditures.
- eRequester also has the following:
- Built-in Multi-Company support that ties directly to each PFW company
- SQL Server database or MSDE for easy access to report data
- Extensive search features
- An elegant and easy to use web interface
- Approver of Vendors can add new or requested Vendors to PFW “on the fly” from eRequester
- Additional features will be available in future releases and/or on a customization basis.
Reviews of eRequester - Web Requisition Software for Platinum for Windows by Sage Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use eRequester - Web Requisition Software for Platinum for Windows by Sage? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!