Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management goes beyond traditional HR tasks with strategies that balance people, process and technology to improve workforce efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity. Built from the ground-up, Fusion’s role-based self-service capabilities give users relevant, secure content
to information they need, where they need it. Interactive organizational charts, collaborative tools, embedded analytics, and comprehensive employee views are natively delivered out-of-the-box to enable a rapid deployment of critical HR
Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management provides users with information they
want, and allows them to take action in context of meaningful business data. Oracle Fusion HCM provides simple, intelligent navigation and allows simple completion of complex workforce processes that are easily configured to manage global organizations and smaller businesses.
Effectively Managing a Global Workforce
Oracle Fusion HCM delivers seamless management of employees, contingent workers and other persons across the enterprise that may have simple or complex global work relationships with the organization.
A single global person record tracks information for employees or contingent workers. The single person record may then be associated with multiple work relationships in the employment model. This increases data integrity while reducing administrative overhead and provides for enhanced reporting capabilities.
The employment model is designed to support simple or complex global work relationships. Employment structures are designed to improve accuracy and reduce confusion in a diverse operating model. By segmenting validation data into logical groupings, organizations have the flexibility to create context-sensitive choice lists for appropriate use by lines of business or
* Manage a worker‟s relationship with multiple legal employers, multiple assignments, or individual contractual agreements with great flexibility and ease
* Configure relevant data validation sets by legislative group, business unit or country
* Configure shared sets of data across the enterprise for shared departments, locations, jobs, and positions
* Manage a diverse workforce through multiple jobs, matrix management and employment contracts, all fully integrated across the Fusion HCM portfolio
Global Worker Tracking
Worker information includes global formatting for names and addresses for over 200 countries, compensation information in local currencies, time zone support, language translations, tracking of citizenship and visa information, and robust documents of record tracking with scanned images and key data monitoring. This allows for an organization to manage, track and deploy Human Resources globally, out of the box.
Localizations and Regulatory Compliance
Regulatory compliance is further delivered with localized country-specific functionality that extends the global core to capture regulatory requirements for data collection, local business rules and statutory reporting. These localizations go beyond the global core, which supports a full global deployment and formatting in over 200 countries.
Oracle delivers and maintains 5 deeper localizations: China, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States. The localizations include functionality that is legislatively required as well as general best practices for the respective country. For over 200 countries, country-specific personal information is supported such as name formats, address styles, and national identifiers. There is also support for core organizational models plus the ability to create and define specific information around legal employers to reflect your organizational design.
Some examples of compliance related features in the localizations are:
- Australia – Supports person, employment and organization information such as, ABN, registration number per state and designated employer group.
- Canada – Provides Social Insurance validation as well as element classifications.
- China – Support for Hukou type and location, expatriate status, number of children and additional contract information. Termination information, including leave compensation factor and monthly salary paid days is also supported.
- Hong Kong – Ability to track person and employment information such as Chinese and Hong Kong name, Hong Kong ID with format validation.
- India – Supports person, employment and organization information specific to India, such as, National ID, ECNR information, caste or tribe, Permanent Account Number, Tax Account Number, Provident Fund Number and ESI Number.
- Kuwait – Provides capability to track Kuwati name, national identifiers validations as well as disability, visa and sponsorship information.
- Saudi Arabia – Ability to track specific information related to disability, visa sponsor information, contract information, Hijrah equivalent dates, and visa specific information (i.e. Iqama number).
- Singapore – Provides ability to capture employee legal name, National Identifier Type, NRIC and FIN information as well as supporting number format validation. In addition, you can create and define organization information specific to Singapore, such as IRAS details and CPF Submission Number.
- United Arab Emirates – Support for specific information related to disability, visa and sponsorship, and alternate language support to store place of birth and place of passport issue.
- United Kingdom – Provides national identifier validation and ability to track
disability data in accordance to UK legislative requirements.
- United States – Support for all personal and legal employee data, such as social security number, ethnic origin, veteran status, and I-9 status.
Position Management provides the ability to track position details, evaluation criteria, and position profiles. It includes assigning positions to assignments, tracking open positions, and creating position trees for reporting, approvals and other business processes.
Absence Management In Fusion Human Capital Management
- Define and Maintain Absence Plans, Accruals, Eligibility and Enrollments.
Leveraging configurable formulas, you can manage eligibility for any type of absence, including Paid Time Off, Sick Leave and other leave types. Accrual formulas are used for setting up the accruals, accrual carryover rules, accrual eligibility, and for payroll. Your employees, managers, and administrators can review employee accrual balances from an employee‟s portrait card or when recording or editing an absence.
- Scheduling and Recording Absences. Absences can be recorded for your employees either at the person level or at the assignment level. When recording an absence, the duration of that absence can be computed automatically or based on work schedule or recorded manually at the time of entry. You can also review the daily break up of absences, events within absence duration.
- Manage Absence Processing and Payroll Integration. Absence elements will be set for usage at payroll assignment level. When absences are processed through payroll, they can reduce regular pay as appropriate. For each paycheck, the absence pay paid during the current period and the YTD can be displayed on the check as well as the remaining entitlement balances.
Fusion Applications were built so that a business user could adapt the application to suit their personal or organizational needs. The key to this „tailor-ability‟ lies in the usage of metadata objects and services in the heart of the application architecture. Changes and extensions to the application are stored as new layers over the delivered objects, allowing for flexibility in an “upgrade-safe” manner.
Extension of the Fusion HCM application is made easy by Fusion FlexField functionality and the web based Page, Process and Report composers.
- Fusion FlexFields – allow for easy definition of additional fields and logic
- Page Composer – provides page customization and personalization functionality
- Process Composer - graphical business process editor to create new process flows based on templates, modify shipped process flows, and deploy new process flows
- Reports Composer – create new reports and change existing reports, report models, as well as access Data Warehouse information from the BI foundation
Build on a standards based Service Oriented Architecture, Oracle Fusion HCM provides several integration methods to meet your business needs, from packaged integrations to delivered interfaces for Payroll and Benefits providers, to an integration platform based on Oracle Fusion Middleware.
The Fusion Cloud Integration platform provides web services to integrate at the Presentation, Business Process, and Data level.
- Data integrations consist of bulk data loads and exports to and from Oracle Fusion HCM, e.g. an HR-XML benefits enrollment file sent to a benefits provider
- Process integrations are either real-time web service triggers or publish/subscribe messages via Oracle‟s Events Framework, e.g. an “address change” notifying subscribers
Best Practice Standards Based Security
Fusion Applications are built according to the concept of Role Based Access Control (RBAC). The use of RBAC to manage user privileges (computer permissions) within a single system or application is widely accepted as best practice. Security is managed at all levels – function, transaction, field, and data-level. RBAC assigns permissions to specific operations with meaning in the organization, rather than to low level data objects. RBAC exceeds the needs of auditable, segregation of duties (SoD) requirements.
Within an organization, roles are created for various job functions. The permissions to perform certain operations are assigned to specific roles. Users are dynamically assigned roles. Since users are not assigned permissions directly, but only acquire them through their role (or roles), management of individual user rights becomes a matter of simply assigning appropriate roles to the user’s account; this simplifies common operations, such as adding a user, or changing a user’s department.
Securing the Complete Information Lifecycle
Fusion Application Security provides standards-based, declarative, transparent, portable function and data security policies across all Oracle Fusion applications, defined independently from application code.
By making use of an external security reference system – Fusion Identity Management – as opposed to referencing security only inside an HCM application, the complete application set and the hardware and services used in the HCM process can be secured. Reporting of data in Business Intelligence systems is governed by the same single security authority as information on a HCM transaction user page.
Delivered Best Practice Business Processes
Fusion HCM delivers best practice business processes that improve productivity and provide decision-making support. The best practices are built into the role-based self-service functionality as well as the administrative user‟s views.
- Both HR specialists and managers can monitor the hire process, with visual
dashboards that prevent bottlenecks in the process. Hire status, start date, and approvals are provided in a central location that includes social collaboration tools to quickly resolve any questions
- All worker transfers may be administered with an intuitive process that supports complex global redeployments (across legal employers and legislative groups) and simple transfers of department and manager
- Analytics are embedded within processes providing decision-making support. For example the promotion process includes competency match analytics that compare the workers current competencies with the competencies of their proposed job. Salary range analytics show where the workers proposed salary falls within the proposed salary grade range
- Automated security role provisioning is provided within business processes (e.g. Hire, Promotion, Transfer) to grant secured access based on the worker‟s role in the organization
- Integration with Fusion Global Benefits for processing life events
- Integration with Fusion Global Payroll for payroll processing, including multiple
- Integration with Fusion Talent Management applications, including Fusion
Workforce Compensation, for effective pay for performance and organizational growth.
Workflow and Approvals
Fusion leverages a standards-based workflow service to deliver a robust Workflow and Approvals engine that enables complex rules and routings. Fusion delivers workflows out of the box which can be further configured as needed. Multi-level approvals may be defined based on supervisor or position hierarchies, and tasks may be accessed by emails or worklists. Optimizing productivity, the Fusion „welcome‟ page includes a Worklist and Watchlist, providing a dedicated list of tasks to complete, and a list of things to monitor.
Employees and Managers: Built For How You Work
Worker Portraits provide comprehensive worker information in a highly visual, intuitive and actionable environment. The Employee View of the Worker Portrait serves as an employee dashboard where users can access the information they are commonly looking for and take relevant action while there. Employees can:
- Maintain Profile information including competencies, degrees and licenses
- Manage performance and development goals
- View accrued absence balances and submit absence requests for approval
- View payslips
- Access benefit information
- Manage career development
- Update personal information such as address, contact information or marital status changes
- Collaborate with Peers
Portrait Gallery combines a powerful keyword search and embedded collaboration tools (such as instant messaging, email, blogs and group spaces) that enable workers to connect with one another.
- Provides access to a colleague view of the Worker Portrait empowering users to establish relationships across the organization
- Allows users to find and connect with mentors and colleagues with specific areas of expertise
- Provides an organizational chart representation of the organization with data secured to a user‟s role.
Fusion HCM delivers a Manager Dashboard that drives productivity and consistency when managing an integrated workforce. In a single location, managers are provided with:
- A comprehensive view of key data for their organization in a hierarchical grid
including contact, employment, availability, compensation, and performance
- An interactive visual organizational chart that includes:
- Interactive view of summarized contact, employment, salary, and performance information for direct reports
- Role based actions initiated from the org chart allowing managers to take appropriate self-service actions on their directs such as promotions, transfers, terminations
- Access to Managers View of Worker Portraits allowing managers to gain deeper insight into an individual‟s performance, goals, qualifications, total compensation, and availability trends
- Simple reporting enabling exports of data to Excel allowing managers to create quick, visual reports of their organization
- Delivered, configurable embedded analytics that provide decision-making insight. Analytics include reporting at multiple levels giving indirect managers better visibility and control.
- Analytics that specifically support line managers include:
- Worker availability schedules
- Leave balances and financial liability
- New hire monitoring
- Performance process monitoring
- Analytics that support executive level managers include
- Predictive intelligence
- Real time side by side worker comparisons based on skills, performance, and qualifications as well as the comparison of job profiles. This visual comparison of workers and jobs empowers managers to optimize organizational staffing decisions.
- The ability to identify the most qualified workers with best-fit analysis using weighted search parameters and profile ranking of competencies, licenses, mobility preferences, and experience. This functionality allows a user to find either the most suitable candidate for a job or a job most suitable for an individual. Based on both the employee profile and the organizational talent profile, this algorithm helps users make informed decisions about how the organization may be optimized.
Contextual actions are provided throughout the application that allow:
- Users to take self-service action directly from search results without losing context
- Multi-tab browsing within the application to allow for other data views while in a transaction without losing context
- Users may export data to Excel directly from tables and grids
- Access to collaborative tools (email, instant messaging, tags, activity streams, group spaces and kudos) embedded within processes
Network at Work
Network at Work embeds social tools throughout the application, (connections, group spaces, activity streams, kudos, and tags). These tools enhance organizational productivity enabling workers to collaborate, find mentors, and provide valuable feedback and information sharing.
- Using worker profile information workers may search for mentors with specific skills or common goals and establish network connections for collaborating.
- Group spaces are delivered in Goal Management, Talent Review, and Benefits to facilitate conversations and foster information sharing
- Kudos allows workers to provide positive manager, peer, or subordinate feedback that may be incorporated into performance reviews for a more comprehensive view of a workers’ impact on the organization
- Support for multiple work relationships that employees or contingent workers may have with multiple legal employers, multiple assignments, or individual contract agreements
- Global organizational support including global formatting of names and address, compensation in local currencies, time zone support, localized regulatory compliance, and translations
- Single global person record
- Segmented data validation to support lines of business or geography
- Basic position management
- Absence management
- New hire monitoring
- Intuitive support for complex global transfers
- Analytics embedded in business processes
- Automated roles provisioning
- Robust workflow and approvals engine
- Composite, role based, interactive views of worker information
- Role based dashboards with embedded analytics
- Interactive visual org charting
- Best-fit analysis to identify most qualified workers
- Real-time side by side worker and job comparisons
- Efficiently and effectively manage a globally integrated workforce
- Deliver immediate value by making talent foundational to all business processes
- Reduce labor & administrative costs with business process models and design patterns
- Improve productivity with built-in collaboration/social tools