There is more to processing payroll than printing checks. You need to maintain detailed records with clear audit trails, track sick and vacation days, keep up to date with tax law changes, and meet government reporting requirements. OSAS Payroll application can handle it all. It also enables you to analyze payroll expenses and employee productivity, as well as control costs and review expense distribution.
Make sound management decisions, keep current with government requirements and tax law changes, and save time
You can produce detailed reports to help you plan and generate a budget. Manage your expenses efficiently by tracking FUTA, SUI, Medicare, and Social Security, as well as earnings by department. You decide whether to calculate scheduled deductions as a fixed amount, a percentage of gross pay, an hourly rate, or a declining balance.
You can easily produce W-2s - printed on forms, mailers, or stored on magnetic media to meet federal requirements. When you subscribe to the Open Systems Maintenance Program for Payroll with State Tax Option, you’ll receive updates to federal and state income tax tables.
OSAS Payroll Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features
- You’ll have total flexibility in setting up your payroll. Define pay codes for regular, overtime, double-time, sick, vacation time, or any other payment method for hourly employees.
999 user-definable deductions are allowed per company, as well as taxable and/or nontaxable earnings codes, and an option for fixed federal, state, and local withholdings.
- Store monthly employee history on earnings, deductions, and withholdings for use in reports required by some states.
- You’ll be able to produce accurate unemployment reports with weeks worked calculation.
- Allow multiple tax rates per employee and per company, and also multiple states and multiple localities for both employee and employer withholdings. Define up to fifteen different
tax codes such as worker’s compensation, SDI, and L & I.
- You’ll be able to track vacation and sick time hours by letting the system automatically accrue them for each employee. A complete audit trail answers employee questions about this important accrual.
- You can process the new year’s payroll before you print W-2s for the old year. The Year-End Maintenance function creates last-year data files.
- It will be easy for you to set up state and local taxes by using formula-based tax routines.
Use formulas to define state-specific taxes such as workers’ compensation, SDI, and L & I.
- You’ll save time when calculating multiple checks per employee per payroll run. You only need to calculate, print and post checks once.
- Void information out of history if a check is lost simply by entering the check number. All earnings, taxes, and postings will be revised. You can then put the check in the checks file
and recreate it if you wish.
- You can set up an unlimited number of earnings codes, including overtime rates and shift differentials.
- Track four quarters of history on payroll checks, and monthly and quarterly check registers can be produced.
- You’ll appreciate flexible state unemployment reporting, which helps you to conform to changing state reporting requirements and the reporting differences between states.
- Time Ticket Journal
- Miscellaneous Payroll Journal
- Edit Register
- Check Register
- Withholding Report
- Employer’s Tax Report
- Transaction History Report
- Check History Report
- Department Report
- Quarterly Employer’s Tax Report
- Employer’s Liability Report
- Sick Leave and Vacation Report
- Quarterly Withholding Report
- Quarterly State Unemployment Tax Report
- 941 Form
- W-2 Form
- Paycheck Received Report
- Pay Period Deduction Report
- Salary Review Report