How much money is coming in? How much is going out? Where do financials stand today? You need to know these things about your business on a day-to-day basis. OSAS General Ledger application is the center of your accounting system. Entries from other applications flow into General Ledger, giving you timely financial information that is vital to your decision-making. You can maintain your journal, log recurring entries, generate audit trails, and create custom financial statements and reports for up-to-date results on your company’s activities.
Access vital information and gain flexibility; save time and data entry costs.
You determine which information you want, when and how you want it. General Ledger provides sample financial statements and reports. You can personalize these reports to suit your unique information needs. Storing data for multiple companies in separate files allows you to view and compare each company and its period or division side by side on your reports. With forecast budget and last-year comparison data, you can identify business performance trends and capitalize on them. The recurring entries feature saves time and data entry costs by eliminating the need to re-enter items such as depreciation each month.
OSAS General Ledger Offers Choices and Flexibility With These Key Features
- You’ll be able to work in two years at the same time. When doing your year-end processing, you can update the current year without closing out last year’s files, giving you up to two years of online reporting.
- You’ll appreciate having multiple-year functionality. It allows you to see what percentage you’ve grown over the years-vital information when applying for a loan.
- Divisional and departmental accounting is simplified by user-definable account number masks.
- You can include arithmetic calculations for percentages, averages, rounding, consolidated statements, ratio analyses, and print-time inserts for headers and footers in reports, giving you personalized financial statements. You can create new General Ledger reports more efficiently with the copy from feature.
- Transfer financial statements to Lotus 1-2-3 and other productivity tools by using the transfer feature, allowing you to put the information into a worksheet format.
- You’ll be able to create lists of customized statements for the whole company or for selected divisions, departments, or subaccounts and print them as batch statements.
- Save time with automatic reversing entries in all periods. You won’t have to re-enter the reversals manually during the month-end accrual.
- Your reports will be sorted the way you want and will print faster with user-definable account segments such as divisions, departments, or subaccounts.
- A cash flow statement is automatically created. This is an important requirement needed to produce the approved set of financials required by most banks for loans.
- Set up your budget quickly with the Account Budgets function. You won’t have to start from scratch; you can copy amounts from last year, adjust amounts by percentages or dollar amounts, or allocate an amount over a range of periods.
- You can post to any period in the current or last year. Because you can access data in both years, you can easily make adjustments for audit purposes and start the current year properly.
- Group similar accounts together with account types. You’ll save time when formatting financial and cash flow statements.
- You can copy the chart of accounts from one department to another.
General Ledger Reports
- General Ledger Journal
- General Ledger Activity Report
- Trial Balance
- Batch Statements List
- Recurring Entries List
- Statement Layout List and Statement Content List
- Accounts Segments List
- Allocations List
- Audit Trial Balance
- Chart of Accounts
- Financial Statements
- Unwritten Transaction Report