The Norming PSA system provides an effective solution for managing and controlling all aspects of a project such as project budgeting, project approval, task scheduling, issue tracking, deliverables management, project costing and revenue recognition.
- Project resources can be categorized as labor, expense, material, subcontractor, equipment, and overhead.
- Project activities can be predefined with specific activity type.
- Work break structures (WBS) can be created for specific projects to get project activities well organized.
- Project templates can be set up to speed up project creation.
Project Budgeting and Approval
- Project budget can be set up to control the usage of project resources with timesheet and expense report.
- Project estimate details can vary based on the project style chosen. Estimates for basic projects are based on the resource category for project, estimates for standard projects are based on specific resources for project, and estimates for projefessional projects depends on the specific resources assigned to project activities.
- Project approval workflow can be set up to have projects approved by authorized employees.
- Displays employee assignment status when searching for employees for a project.
Project Scheduling and Tracking
- Project schedules and progress as well as the assignment of project resources can be presented in Gantt charts.
- Project managers can assign employees to a specific project and task for a specific period. Project assignements can be copied to a timesheet by employees.
- Employees can enter the communication details with customer for projects on the ESS portal.
- Employees can enter and track project issues on the ESS portal.
- Employees can submit project-related documents and recognize the project deliverables on the ESS portal.
- Employees can submit timesheet and expense report on the ESS portal.
- Project review workflow can be set up to have projects reviewed by specified employees.
Project Costing and Revenue Recognition
- The project review workflow can be set up to have projects reviewed by specific managers before project project closing.
- Allocates labor cost, employee expense, inventory cost, subcontractor cost and overhead against project and activities on a single screen.
- Defines the billing basis and billing schedule for projects to automatically create billing batches.
- Project revenue can be recognized against the billing details or percentage of completion.
- The project closing workflow can be set up to have projects closed by specified employees.