Maximize Accuracy and Timeliness of Expense Processes
In a billable services organization, expense management is a critical part of the business. To maximize the accuracy and timeliness of expense reporting and overall expense management, this process should as easy and flexible as possible for users and connect directly with project management and project accounting.
With NetSuite OpenAir, you can automate and streamline the entire expense management cycle, including expense reporting, submission and approval processes, while integrating with project accounting and invoicing. By managing the entire lifecycle, it becomes easy and seamless to track and submit expenses for rapid reimbursement and client billing.
- Capture expense information from anywhere with a browser, iPhone, BlackBerry or any PDA or WAP-enabled device, or use the offline client and submit when you’re back online
- Increase accuracy by integrating expense management with project management
- Customize workflows and approval processes to meet your unique business, project accounting and expense management needs
- Integrate with virtually any accounting or ERP system to eliminate double entry of expense reporting data
- Track expenses in any variety of currencies.
- Flexible, Accurate Expense Entry and Reporting
- Consolidate expenses from multiple projects into a single expense report
- Create and submit expense reports with a browser or mobile devices, including BlackBerry, iPhone and Palm
- Enter expense reports without an internet connection with the offline client and submit for approval when back online
- Customize business rules for expense management to match your unique needs, such as requiring receipt association with project tasks or specifying items as billable or non-billable
- Automate entry of recurring expenses with “repeat receipt” option for defined intervals
- View expense reports in HTML or PDF formats
- Enter expenses in multiple currencies using the Foreign Currency Receipt Wizard
- Tailor expense items to match company-defined expense categories
- Upload attachments at the expense item or expense report level
- Enter historical pricing for expense items
- Mark expense receipt costs up or down for billing purposes and define tax locations for specific expense items
- Quickly enter expense receipts via expense grid view or use the standard form and enter expenses individually
- Configure form permissions at the receipt level
- Create per diem expenses according to policies
- Expedite expense entry by cloning expense reports.
- Advanced Expense Approvals and Workflows
- Track expense reports through the submit/approve lifecycle and view an auditable system history for each report
- Create overdue expense report approval alerts
- Define user and/or project-level approvals for expenses, including customizable multi-level processes.