Dynamics AX has been updated and rebranded. Microsoft recommends you consider Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition in substitution.
Dynamics 365 Enterprise edition is optimized for 250+ employees and includes the capabilities of Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics AX products that existed in market pre Q4CY16. - Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Dynamics AX raises the bar for delivering
powerful ERP capabilities and supporting perational
efficiency in many key functional areas. Microsoft Dynamics AX includes new capabilities such as supplier relationship management, case management, and the Audit Workbench, as well as important enhancements in the following domains: finance, sales and marketing, procurement, project accounting, human capital management, supply chain management, inventory management, and compliance and internal controls
- Quickly create unlimited, form-based financial dimensions that can be shared across legal entities for a complete business view, audit trail transparency, and detailed analyses.
- Transform budget information into precise, workflow-driven management tools with multiple, variable, and hierarchical budgetary controls that allow you to define how you want to manage expenditures and achieve greater control of the procurement process.
- Set up, view, and manage encumbrances, including purchase order commitments, in the general ledger, and manage workflow items with respect to year-end processing and encumbrances.
- Streamline the cash-to-collections process to save time, engage efficiently with customers, and improve cash flow.
- Simplify and help ensure accurate processing of requisitions, orders, invoices, and other key transactions by defining accounting distributions and viewing subledger journal entries before journalizing source documents.
- Improve accounts payable operational efficiency with new capabilities to match invoices, allocate charges, process and track purchase order prepayments, add lines to invoices, and more.
- Define and control the information you capture more precisely to achieve better insight into your business.
- Increase productivity and accuracy as you leverage architectural advances to share key financial data among legal entities.
- Sharply reduce time and effort for year-end closing with enhancements that include purchase order rollover and budget carry-forward options.