IsoTracker ISO 9001 Document Control software handles the process of document control in a logical and easy to use fashion. IsoTracker builds up version information as each new version of a document is imported into the document control module. It assigns approvers and permits your draft documents to be reviewed and electronically approved before publication.
The job of moving from existing legacy systems, such as paper documents or electronic files held on shared drives, is easy. They are imported into the document control module that sits on our servers where they are encrypted and stored and where access to them can be controlled and restricted.
Documents are opened and viewed by invoking the native applications they were created in such as MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat PDF, images, drawings and others. In addition, documents held in isoTracker can be automatically converted to PDF format to provide greater security.
Documents held and accessed using the document control software module may be traditional text based documents, spreadsheets, drawings, flowcharts, project plans, multimedia files and more.
The Document Control security features ensure that document change and distribution can only take place when authorized, such as:
- Managing the introduction of new documents
- Controlling the editing or changing of documents
- Restricting the availability of documents to authorized personnel only
Access to the document control module and to the documents is protected by user specific login and access permissions. The documents are also encrypted and cannot be modified, deleted or copied by users who do not have the required access rights. Each isoTracker account is backed-up nightly to servers in a different geographic location.
- Internet application, which is entirely scalable from a small department to a global organization.
- Can handle many thousands of documents which can be viewed, approved and published from anywhere in the world and at any time.
Standards and Compliance Management
- Information for Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000), Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001), and Environmental Management (ISO 14000) is supported and controlled.
- Also appropriate for any Standards and Compliance Management system where controlling documentation change and availability is key.
- Any type of document can be held and accessed such as procedures, work instructions, spreadsheets, drawings, forms, etc.
Ease of Use
- No need to retype documents. Simply import single or multiple documents into our secure server using our import mechanism.
- Works with your existing applications used to create, view and edit documents such as MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, AutoCAD, etc…
- Layout follows a familiar folders structure on the left and folder content on the main panel. Documents can also be quickly listed by using a keyword search.
- Upload your current documents or use the online document creation feature. Send documents into the approval workflow before they are published in their folder.
- Automatic distribution and notification of published documents.
- Each document is version numbered and the next revision is given the next incremental revision number on the basis of a major or minor version change.
- Optional automatic conversion to PDF for greater document security.
- Reminder notifications for the approval of documents and for their regular review.
- Strict document control workflow cycle. New versions can only be generated as a result of an approved change request or a simple check-out by relevant parties.
- After check-in documents are sent into the approval workflow and will only be published after being positively approved.
- New versions replace prior-versions which are automatically archived and held as separately identified versions. Archived versions are accessible by relevant parties only.
- Set automatic reminders for the regular review of documents which gets rescheduled every time a new version is uploaded.
- Document history is automatically updated at each step of document’s workflow stages.
- Documents maintain their original properties and approval details through each workflow process but these can be edited when they are not in workflow.
- Security and Control:
- Documents are encrypted and stored in a remote secure server from where access is strictly controlled.
- Staff members who are not isoTracker users will not be able to access the system nor the documents held within the system.
- Documents can only be accessed for modification by users who have authoring rights.
- Conversion to PDF provides an additional layer of security prior to documents being printed.