JAMIS Prime’s Business Planning Suite supports company-wide strategic business scenario planning as well as routine estimate at completion updates. The built-in rate application is a powerful tool to analyze possible future business models. Scenario planning gives you the freedom to explore different options, improving the effectiveness of your business planning process. JAMIS Prime’s Business Planning can assist you in answering hypothetical questions such as:
- What will my indirect rates look like if I win the large NASA proposal on which we are bidding?
- How many senior scientists will I need to reduce if we lose the large follow-on bid with DOE?
- What will the impact on our rates be if we decide to subcontract out the engineering services on DOT contract?
- If we open up a second office and move to two sets of rates, what impact will that have on existing contracts and future bids?
- If we overrun our upside budget by 15% on the Navy jobs, how will that affect revenue?
- If we win all jobs forecasted with 50% or higher probability, what will our hiring profile look like for next year?
The business planning system also provides tools to routinely develop and update estimates to complete for projects and jobs. Companies that do frequent re-forecasting of future costs can use the tools to maintain current and evolving integrated business forecasts. The system allows for an unlimited number of forecasts and includes the ability to compare against pre-established budgets.
- Flexible budgeting and forecasting tools for both existing and planned new business
- Forecasts and predicts future costs & revenues for various user-defined scenarios
- Forecasts and predicts future indirect rates for various user-defined scenarios
- Forecasts and predicts future labor headcount resource requirements and utilization by category
- Includes win probability feature for new business forecasting—decide which planned new business is included in various business scenarios
- Provides ability to point to alternative indirect rate sets to access cost impacts of changes in rate structures
- Automatically consolidates actual and forecasted cost-to-complete data to support the estimate at completion (EAC) process
- Stores unlimited EACs and maintain history of changes
- Supports simple conversion of a proposed contract or a proposed change order to an actual contract
- Supports escalation methods for copying old budgets and spreading new budgets
- Provides full support and audit trail for development and submittal of forward pricing rates