In today’s competitive, client-driven investment environment, new products are introduced frequently. Investment accounting software must be flexible enough to easily accommodate changes and challenges as they occur. Since portfolio management operations are integral they should have immediate access to the accounting information.
Built on a flexible multi-currency accounting engine IMS provides full daily accrual and pooled funds accounting for all positions. That accounting is consistent across the enterprise because a single data store serves as its centralized repository. IMS maintains detailed historic activity on portfolios, positions, trades, etc., back to the day an asset was introduced into a portfolio or the portfolio was opened.
- Cash flows and valuations can be automatically projected allowing “what if” and side by side scenario analysis.
- Multiple amortization and accrual methods are maintained along with flexible accounting calendar options.
- Supports side-by-side trade date and settlement date accounting.
- Scheduled projections of dividends, interest and/or principal payments, fees, distributions and interest rate resets can be built and controlled by users.
- A broad selection of trades and adjustments.
- Costing (all tax lot costing methodologies are supported).
- Recognized and unrecognized income and gains.
- Report gross and/or net payable accruals on the income statement or balance sheet.
- Easily create and control sophisticated fee schedules based on assets, spreads, tiered levels, performance plus more.
- Flexible pass-through methods for underlying portfolios.
- Track interest rate swaps separately, or net, on a daily basis.
- Complete real-time cash accounting, management and analysis. Total liquidity available at all times.
- G/L integration
Strong Accounting, Reconciliation and Audit Controls
- Reconcile daily activity using integrated tools that automate the resolution of discrepancies with custodians, brokers and prime brokers.
- Built-in detailed audit trails track changes.
- Audit security is maintained via user rights that dictate who can alter historical instrument and transaction activity.