Investment asset accounting for Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains.
Organizations holding investment assets which fluctuate in value over time realize how much effort it is to manually record buys/sells, manually look up the values of those investments, and manually calculate general ledger adjustments in order to comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Now those manual processes can be automated with eInvestmentAssets for Microsoft Business Solutions!
eInvestmentAssets allows you to:
- Record buys and sells of investment assets on familiar looking entry windows within Great Plains or Small Business Manager, similar to entering purchases or sales of inventory items.
- Automatically generates the related general ledger entries into General Ledger.
- Calculate the gain or loss of each sell transaction, generates the general ledger journal entry, and records a historical record of the transaction which can be viewed later.
- Create a batch in GL and will record a general ledger journal entry in Great Plains or Small Business Manager financial systems for each investment transaction posted.
- Store additional information regarding the investment transaction in the Note field of the journal entry.
- Calculate the short-term and long-term capital gains or losses for investment transactions.
- Handle 3 different costing methods (FIFO, LIFO, or Average Cost).
Using XML, eInvestmentAssets also can automatically update all of the financial information (including current market value) about each of your investments in seconds.
This product works for domestic stocks, international stocks, mutual funds, and more…
- If your investment has a ticker code understood by www.yahoo.com, eInvestmentAssets can download a basic set of data which includes current market price.
- If your investment is a U.S. equity listed on NYSE, AMEX, OTC, or NASDAQ, the eInvestmentAssets will download a much fuller set of financial data regarding your investment asset.
- Create both write-down and write-up adjustments to investment book values in accordance with Lower of Cost or Market rules as per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Generate the general ledger journal entries related to these mark-downs or mark-ups.
Reviews of eInvestmentAssets for Microsoft Business Solutions Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use eInvestmentAssets for Microsoft Business Solutions? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!