On-Line, Real-Time Recording of Travel and Other Expense. eExpense is a web-enabled Expense Form entry system that is a companion to the GCAS Government Cost Accounting System software used by companies that do business with the Federal Government. eExpense allows staff employees and consultants to enter travel and other expenses into a secure entry form on the company website using a standard web browser.
Automatic and Timely Submission of Expense Reports from Anywhere in the World!
Each line of the Expense Form contains:
- The Date of the Expense
- Dropdown selection of Expense Source (1. Local Mileage, 2. Per Diem, 3. Receipt, 4. No Receipt)
- Local Mileage uses the IRS mileage rate for dollars
- Per-Diem automatically calculates the dollars taken from the DOD published per diem rates
- Receipt provides the option of attaching a receipts file
- No Receipt constrains the dollar amount entered to the IRS limit
- Dropdown selection of the expense type (1. Travel, 2. Entertainment, 3. Lodging, 4.Meals, 5. Material, 6. Service, 7. Other)
- Lodging results in a display of the maximum dollar amount allowed from the DOD lodging values (with over ride)
- Project ID (From list of valid non-fringe projects found in GCAS)
- Project task (dependent on the selected project)
- Description of the purpose of the expense
- Who consumed the expense (On Behalf Of is used to identify features associated with the expense such as other participants in business meals, etc.)
- Dropdown selection of the Expense Payee (1. Employee Paid, 2. Prepaid, 3, Company Credit Card)
- Miles/ Receipt /Location
- Expense Amount
- A supervisor approval check box by line if the user is a supervisor.
- Powerful: eExpense is a web-enabled Expense Form entry system that is a companion to the GCAS Government Cost Accounting System software used by companies that do business with the Federal Government. eExpense allows staff employees and consultants to enter travel and other expenses into a secure entry form on the company website using a standard web browser.
- Integrated: When saved by the user, the entered data automatically creates a voucher in the GCAS accounting system that can later be edited as necessary by accounting personnel. The final approved voucher is then entered into the GCAS General Ledger as expenses to the appropriate jobs to produce an Accounts Payable back to staff member who originated the eExpense entries. Cash Advances and Company Credit Cards are automatically deducted from the Expense Form total and a separate Voucher for these expenses is created in GCAS for entry into the General Ledger.
- Secure: Entry into the eExpense web link is password/PIN protected and all data transactions are encrypted for added security. User data entry is controlled by strict validation checks and dropdown lists that are linked back to the GCAS accounting system.
- Flexible: A supervisor can view, edit and approve any subordinate employee’s Expense Form. This can be done either on a line-by-line basis (or all lines at once) in each individual Expense Form, or in a batch mode where the supervisor can approve groups of staff after reviewing a Expense Form report.
- Easy to Use: After a successful login, the Expense Form subsystem presents the user with the ability to view or enter Expense Forms.
Reviews of eExpense Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use eExpense? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!