This is no longer available for purchase, though support is still available. Explorer Software recommends you consider Explorer Eclipse as an alternative solution.
Balance the complex financial and project costing needs of medium-sized contractors
Designed to meet the demands of the medium-size contractor, Explorer Pivot is a complete job cost and financial management tool.
Explorer Pivot is a true multiple-user system: every member of your financial team can work on the same databases, even the same screens, simultaneously. Explorer Pivot simplifies every stage of construction project management, streamlines critical accounting procedures and provides a clear, complete audit trail.
A wide variety of reports meet all client and management needs. The key functions - general ledger, accounts payable and receivable (including invoicing and quotations), payroll, job cost, purchase order, inventory management, time and material billing, change order control, work orders and equipment costing - are seamlessly integrated. In addition, Explorer Pivot is easy to use, following MS Office interface standards to reduce the learning curve and increase productivity.
Explorer Pivot is Microsoft BackOffice compatible and uses Microsoft SQL database.
- Monitor supplier information by invoice, date, and job code with check payment information.
- Post invoices against purchase orders.
- Cost invoices against several jobs/cost codes.
- Check outstanding balances per supplier.
- Pay checks, hold payments automatically.
- View/print aged outstanding balance report.
- Enter data interactively.
- Track revenue by the job.
- Automatically generate invoices, quotations and aia/progress billings, and automatically transfer invoices and aia/progress billings to accounts receivable
- Generate client statements.
- Make client inquiries and age outstanding balances reports.
Cost Plus Billing
- Gather billing information from Accounts Payable invoices, Payroll time sheets, Job Cost, and Inventory data.
- Maintain separate markup percentages for each job cost type.
- Include all actual costs incurred, including markups, and transfer details to invoice.
- Invoice includes subtotals for each cost type, plus applicable taxes.
- Centralize your documents for storage and retrieval.
- Eliminate redundant paper trails and simplify filing.
- Control document changes.
- Access the controlled documents from any Explorer software.
- E-mail documents conveniently in standard format.
- Maintain all equipment costs through postings to Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Maintain multiple charge out rates for internal and external use.
- Record period, equipment, equipment-job-to-date, and productivity data.
- Automatically determine cost recovery status information on equipment: equipment cost history details, $ spent vs. $ earned, etc.
- Track financial information right down to the division level.
- Run month-end and year-end financial statements at any time, even if the fiscal year is not closed off.
- Make inquiries by date and by G/L type.
- View G/L trial balance.
- Automatic year-end.
- Keep the previous year-end open until all adjusting entries have been made.
- Receive inventory by category and item.
- Transfer out of inventory to job costing.
- Keep track of several suppliers’ prices for items.
- Use average method of pricing.
- Make detail inquiries on items by category, quantities-on-hand and pricing.
- Track actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Summarize a project’s gross margin.
- Make detail inquiries by supplier, invoice or labor.
- All information flows through accounts payable and payroll modules.
- Set up jobs automatically using data from Explorer Trackpoint.
Job Cost Reports
- Job Inquiry Report
- Job Summary Report
- Job Trial Balance
- Committed Cost
- Productivity Report
- Contracts In Progress Report
- Job Budget Report
- Year-to-Date quantity complete Report
- Forecast to Complete Report
- Job Analysis Report
Owner’s Change Order
- Record all changes to contract.
- Organize change orders by type of change, reference number and date.
- Automatically update the Job Budget proof values, subtrade purchase orders, and amendments to AIA/Progress Billing.
- Print detailed change order reports.
- Manage multi-state/multi-province payrolls.
- Payroll cancellation updates all applicable files.
- Keeps all year-to-date details.
- Manage employee details by pay period.
- Generate payroll reports, employee history details and year-to-date reports, job labor cost reports and all government reports.
Service Orders/Work Orders
- Create complete, professional service orders for work to be performed.
- Automatically transfer service orders to work orders once work is accepted.
- Track all costs in the work order file, then transfer it to Accounts Receivable for invoicing.
- Print a cost vs. revenue report for each work order.
Reviews of Pivot Write a Review
No reviews have been submitted. Do you use Pivot? Write a review, and help other organizations like yours make smarter, more informed software selection decisions!