If rentals are a key component of your equipment dealership, you need instant visibility of available rentable equipment, with robust functionality that works easily with purchasing, service, parts, inventory, and other aspects of your business. Whether you offer one-off rentals or full fleet management, you can effectively manage fleet utilization in order to maximize profitability with Equip-Soft Rentals—a tightly integrated module that includes many intuitive features.
- The sortable availability tree within the Equip-Soft software lets users filter by equipment type, model, manufacturer, location, capacity, fleet size, what is on rent, etc.
Rental Contract Management
- Contracts or quotes can be generated for customers with one click right from the availability tree.
- Quotes can be converted to rental contracts (partial or completed) with the system keeping track of those won or lost, recording the reasons for both results.
- Serialized and non-serialized items can be on the same rental contract, if desired.
- Training is efficient with rental contract “wizards” (pop-up windows) that guide users through all the steps required for creating a contract.
- Rental contracts inter-relate with required service work, such as pre-delivery inspections, check-in inspections, etc.
- Service orders created from rental contracts are updated automatically in Service Dispatch.
- A rental exchange wizard walks users through the steps needed to find replacement equipment for customers.
- At the end of a rental contract, the end of contract wizard helps the user finalize the charges, including adjustments for mid-period return as well as any additional charges such as pickup, damages, etc.
- User can cancel the entire contract or selected units within that contract.
Cross Departmental Hub
- Service (work orders), purchasing and other day-to-day functions can be performed right within the rentals module.
- Strong integration with evaluation information your employees use every day – such as current book value, profitability for period to date, year to date, lifetime to date, etc.
- Data can be exported to Microsoft Excel, allowing for more time analyzing information by your employees.
- Earned and accrued rental income is easily and quickly calculated in an analysis schedule to allow for accurate financial reporting.
- Warehouse shipment is automatically generated, with availability status updated accordingly.
- Units can be returned to the originating branch or to a different branch.
- The next billing, if desired, can automatically move from daily to weekly to monthly, depending on the most advantageous rate for the customer.
- Rental contracts, and resultant invoices, can be set to automatically add applicable charges – by customer or by equipment category – for insurance, delivery and pickup charges, etc.
- Can manage fleet sizes from under 100 units to 30,000 or more.
- Improved and simplified fleet maintenance.
- Comprehensive fleet and asset utilization details.
- Minimized or eliminated paperwork.
- Enhanced quality of information available to share with customers.
- Users can concentrate equipment receipts, shipments, and transfers under a single Logistics/Warehousing function.