At any given moment, do you know the status of each and every RFI, submittal, change request, and change order? With Spectrum™ Construction Project Management Software, you will. Spectrum tracks all of these project components—from initiation to final resolution - by date and detail in an organized, uniform, easy-to-access system.
Spectrum’s Project Management Software provides a fully integrated process for managing workflow. Project Management tracks all items that must be fulfilled under a contract, plus anything else that must be tracked during the job. Designed to coordinate details throughout an organization, Spectrum Construction Project Management Software places vital information and documentation at the users’ fingertips instantly.
Full integration with Spectrum’s Job Cost Software, Document Imaging, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll Software makes the Project Management Software both powerful and efficient. Single data entry, along with information sharing, streamlines project setup and maintenance. Elements such as requests for information (RFIs), submittals, change requests, and daily logs are visible to all authorized users. And, reports are more accurate and meaningful since they are based on a common database of shared information.
Change orders, when handled efficiently, become profit generators for each project. Spectrum’s integration and detail tracking automates and expedites the change order process, managing both cost and revenue. From RFI’s and submittals, to proposed and approved change requests, to executed change orders, Spectrum Construction Project Management Software helps you invoice promptly and accurately for changes on a job.
Document Imaging Software—another integrated component of Spectrum - adds a unique dimension to the Project Management software. With Document Imaging, every job-related document, photo, spreadsheet, etc. is electronically filed within the project for easy access by everyone in the organization.
For example, if an RFI was generated by a handwritten note and a photo, these documents would be stored electronically as permanent elements of that RFI. A simple mouse click would allow both local and remote users to view these documents on screen. They can even be printed, faxed, or e-mailed directly from within Spectrum’s Project Management Software.
- New project setup is minimal. The set-up of a contract in the Job Cost Software automatically sets up the job in the Project Management Software. Project team lists can be copied from other jobs so information doesn’t need to be re-entered. Additionally, once a project is established, faxes and e-mails pertaining to the project can easily be sent to the entire project team.
- RFIs are open items that have not been answered. A distribution list shows the circulation status of each RFI. An RFI can also be attached to a cost estimate record, which can eventually lead to an owner change order and/or subcontract change order.
- Change requests are generated from answered RFI’s or custom issues such as owner directives. Once a change request is approved, it is submitted to the project owner as a change order. When a change order is updated, the accounting information is updated to other Spectrum modules, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Job Cost.
- Project Managers can create subcontract change orders directly from subcontractor quotes on the same change request using the Subcontract change order Log.
- Change requests initiated by the owner or architect, such as revisions to drawings, architects’ supplemental instructions, and proposal requests are quick and easy to enter.
- Spectrum Project Management Software tracks submittals at each stage of the process as they pass to and from subcontractors and suppliers through the final approval by the architect or owner.
- The Directory File provides a complete directory of all of the subcontractors, vendors, and the design team, complete with built-in distribution lists. The Project Management Software makes it simple to contact anyone on the project. The directory is also utilized for all memo and information distributions generated through the software.
- The Daily Log records information that occurs on the project each day. Daily reports may include items such as weather conditions, the contractor’s work accomplished, and the subcontract work finished each day. Manpower summaries can also be entered or viewed for each workday.
- Speed Memo Entry allows the operator to write quick memos that are easily logged and distributed in a pre-defined format.
- Transmittals are cover sheets automatically generated for sending information to members of the project team. Transmittals are logged in the Project Management software and provide a convenient integration with Spectrum Document Imaging software.
- Spectrum Remote-Link enables Spectrum users to log onto their Project Management Software (and other Spectrum modules) from any job site or home office with Internet access. Spectrum’s Thin-Client architecture makes these remote connections easy to set-up and fast to operate.
- Employee Data allows the operator to set up and coordinate the employees used during the project. The Project Management Software allows the operator to set up employee start/release dates for projects.
- User-defined terminology can be set up on a company-wide and/or project-by-project basis to refer to RFIs and other documents. This creates a standardized vocabulary to enhance communication within your organization and for the entire project team.
- Use of Spectrum’s Construction Project Management Software creates a consistent system and process for recording data and managing project information. Project Managers are able to work more effectively with all members of the project team and stay on top of the many details required. At the same time, senior management is able to assess the status of any project quickly and easily using the reporting and tracking tools provided.
Executive Overview Inquiry:
The Executive Overview Inquiry enables the user to view the status of the contract and all changes and potential changes to it. For example, you’ll know immediately how many RFI’s are open, how many have been resolved, and what the average time for resolution is. You’ll also know the impact on cost and revenue of the various changes in process.
- Executive Overview Report
- Request for Information Form
- Request for Information Log
- Request for Information Transmittal
- Submittal Letter
- Submittal Log
- Submittal Transmittal to Subcontractor
- Submittal Transmittal to Architect
- Transmittal Form
- Transmittal Log
- Daily Log
- Speed Memo
- Speed Memo Log
- Custom Issues Transmittal
- Custom Issues Log
- Change Request Log
- Change Request Price Log
- Change Request Pricing Detail Report
- Change Request Profit Reports
- History Change Logs
- Project Purge Report
- Project Listing
- Building Listing
- Area Listing
- Employee Listing
- Directory Listing
- Phone Listing
- Submittal Status File Listing
- Change Request Status File Listing
- Standard Message Listing