The FDM4® Purchase Order module manages the planning, ordering, and receiving of inventory into one or more warehouses.
This module also facilitates the returning of inventory to a vendor.
The FDM4® Purchase Order can be used by itself or in conjunction with other FDM4® modules.
- Purchase Order creation and adjustment procedures
- Purchase Order receiving procedures
- Vendor Return authorizations and shipping procedures
- Purchase Order Approval System
- Proposed Purchase Order system that will suggest quantities of items that require purchasing based on the Item’s On Hand quantity minus any Committed Values plus any On Order quantities. This value is compared with the Item’s Desired Instock Quantity, and if it falls below this quantity, the system will suggest the user purchase the item up to the desired quantity. The system will create Purchase Orders that can be adjusted for each of these items for the Primary Vendor that is set up on the Item’s Master file.
- System handles the ability to specify the Multiple purchase quantity that must be used when goods are being purchased from a Vendor.
- Intelligent Purchasing procedures that utilize the principles of Gordan Graham when suggesting quantities for Purchasing.
- Purchasing Module is fully integrated with the Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, General Ledger, and Order Entry modules.
- Receiving of goods purchased is completed in real-time, in other words, the goods are available for sale, and are reflected in the inventory balances that are displayed in the Order Entry screen as soon as the goods have been fully received in the system.
- Accommodates Just In Time purchasing according to Gordon Graham
- Ability to set purchase parameters
- Categorizing of POs as: vendor, standing, proposed, and quotes
- Specify special ship-to address for drop shipments
- Standing POs are a template of a common order to a vendor
- Multiple costs per individual vendor for the same item with lead time by vendor by item
- Inquiries and custom reports on new and existing POs
- Detail PO audit
- Reports vendor voucher/ PO variances by warehouse