Everything you expect from a leading business accounting solution, plus the tools to manage cash flow, monitor profitability, analyze trends, track inventory, and make informed financial decisions based on real-time accounting data. Let us show you how DENALI Business+Accounting can serve your business.
Accounting software should do more than keep the books.
- Advanced, multi-tiered security system that allows system rights to be established for users by application and function, reduces opportunity for employee theft and errors
- Integrated modules so that posting in one automatically updates all; saves you time and decreases errors
- Drill down and quick lookups. Find customer information, including buying history, instantly, increasing customer satisfaction and saving time
- Set-up Wizard walks you through company set-up, asks all the right questions, explains the process and helps you complete steps in the right order; saving time and reducing errors
- Enhanced Chart of Accounts set-up allows users to choose from five company types and more than 60 different types of businesses. Save valuable set-up time, because module preferences, a chart of accounts and hundreds of codes are loaded automatically
- Process customer payments and make payments to vendors via electronic funds transfer. Reduces paperwork; speeds up your accounts payable and accounts receivable
- One step backup can be sent to hard drive, floppy discs or other removable media. Safeguards irreplaceable data
- Unlimited history storage. Saves customer history for the timeframes you establish
- Assign specific tasks to specific printers; and designate default printers within modules. You choose who (one or many) gets reports
- True networking capability with the option to run single or multiple-batch processing. Saves time, reduces errors, allows inter-departmental and company cooperation and efficiencies
- Universal Bridge imports transactions from external files into General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory and other modules. You don’t have to enter data more than once; simplifies the move up from another accounting package
- System-wide notepads to enter special instructions, notes on customers, products and sales staff
- Customizable, user defined reports that you can print to file, dot-matrix, laser or your fax/modem software, even to email. Create your own or choose from a list of customizable reports, including statements, invoices and receipts.
Popular Functionality Modules
General Ledger DENALI’s General Ledger module is the core source of information regarding the financial health of your business. The General Ledger is where you create accounts,…
Accounts Payable DENALI’s Accounts Payable software is easy to use and provides everything you need to manage vendors and payments. Save time and minimize human error with our Accounts…
Accounts Receivable DENALI’s Accounts Receivable software allows you to track your customer transactions over time and retain a history of customer charges, payments, notes, and more. You…
Inventory DENALI’s Inventory module manages and tracks products and services and maintains detailed records of items you purchase and sell. With several tracking, pricing, and…
Payroll Whether you have one employee or 1000, CMS Professional’s Payroll module provides everything your company needs to pay employees, manage taxes, and support any number…
Complete Functionality Module List
Reviews of Denali Business+Accounting Write a Review
Karen from Suwannee Supply says…
we have been using CMS Accounting since DOS 25+ years. Normally upgrades is a smooth transaction and have always loved the product. Then came Denali. It was never ready to be released. My IT person had a heck of a time with quirks within the system but finally got it set up. There are too many quirks to write here. I have all these AR accounts that I can not delete because they are inbedded deep into the software. It has all been purged and no luck. Cougar says the only way to get them out is for them to spend 2 hours cleaning it up. However this will be until the end of eternity unless they are a new account within the new system. Seems we would have been advised to just add the info into the new system. It was a disaster and the money spent for my IT guy that has been working with CMS for as long as have had it? How about not being able to change an employee to married in the middle of the year? No it’s not a button to be checked. If you print your AR screen, no address appears so you have to write it in. Really? The issues are endless and the glitches…OMG. Maybe just coming clean to the software would be OK but if you are on Pro DO NOT DO IT!!! I once would have given them a 5 star but now anymore.
The good: Very easy to motivate and learn.
The bad: Dont’ get me started!
Denali can be tailored to meet your needs. Whether you stand a lone payroll or fully integrated Accounting, Sales and inventory you can pick and choose what suits you.
The good: Easy to use, once the software is setup the interface is easy even for the beginner
The bad: Setup time is a bit longer because of the flexibility
I have used the payroll portion of the software and it is amazing. The system will create a journal entry for the pay period according to your accounting software if using another system. Even if using the entire accounting software, this system works efficiently.
Supposedly a fully integrated accounting solution. An amateurish copy of the much more complete Cougar Mountain Accounting Pro Software. Denali is not ready for roll out and a much inferior product to CMS ACT PRO. When I discovered that their Payroll module couldn’t even provide accurate gross pay reports (let alone taxable wage, etc), the technical support department insisted the reports #’s were correct (they weren’t) and then told me I would have to go through the quarter’s payroll and manually add up (yep - by hand) all the paychecks by employee to get the information I need, such as gross pay - to include that pesky sick and vacation time — OTL pay, correct tax amounts, net etc. This is the most disappointing offering from Cougar Mountain in decades.
The good: I’ve used Cougar for 24 years. The only thing positive about Denali is it “looks” similar to CMS ACT PRO. That’s where the positive ends, because it doesn’t work as well as CMS PRO and in fact, fails to provide some pretty basic information. Who sorts by name using a first name?? Who calculates taxes only on REG+OT pay, but excludes S/V/PTO and additions to gross? I mean… was there an accountant or bookkeeper even involved in the process of EXTRACTING the information from the software once it was put into it? Huge FAIL Cougar.
The bad: It doesn’t provide adequate reporting, the PR entry is amateurish and inefficient… and they can’t seem to figure out how to get the information OUT that is put IN.
Steven from Pee Wee Bees says…
Denali is a sophisticated accounting package for small businesses that recognize that accounting is important and that accounting software should grow with the business it serves.
The good: Denali can handle all the complexity that sales and supply chain can have, but it doesn’t force us to use features we don’t need yet. It also lets dive down to the foundation (debits and credits, individual transactions, etc.) in an industry-standard database.
The bad: Denali isn’t famous, so there isn’t a selection of books or third-party accessories to support it.