Gain complete financial control of your business with the Add+On VELOCITY Software General Ledger application. As the cornerstone of your accounting system, General Ledger smoothly integrates with all other Add+On VELOCITY applications for automatic posting of general ledger transactions — no double posting. For easy data access, a full-featured financial report generator is included. Add+On VELOCITY General Ledger provides an accurate, detailed record of all entries, giving you a complete audit trail.
Cut expense while you improve accuracy and increase flexibility
You can generate financial reports whenever you wish, at any time of the month; historical and current information is always up to date. You’ll have the ability to review up to three years of balance information: last year, this year, and next year.
Retrieve financial transactions easily. Current, prior, and future transactions are at your fingertips with the Add+On VELOCITY on-line transaction display. You’re fully informed of the impact that other Add+On VELOCITY applications have on your general ledger with the Daily Detail Register.
You’ll be able to reduce audit expenses with a detailed audit trail of all transactions. It isolates the exact information you need. Precisely tie each transaction to a specific control register through an assigned number.
General Ledger provides easy data accessibility and flexible reporting
- Maintain separate books for up to 100 companies! You can use either different or the same account number structures and financial report formats, and you can easily consolidate financial reports for multiple companies.
- You can use the flexible account number structure to assign account numbers up to ten characters long, plus a two-digit company number.
- Transactions from other modules are posted daily. You can either make postings in transaction detail or summarize them selectively by account number. Reports show you daily, accounting period, or year-to-date detail.
- You’ll have the ability to maintain unit quantities as well as dollar amounts on all detail transactions and historical information.
- Try out a variety of budget scenarios with a flexible budget revision process that automatically generates up to 26 different revisions. You can use actual or other budget information as sources, and increase or decrease source amounts by either a fixed or a percentage amount for selected accounts. You can also analyze the results through financial reports. When budget processing is complete, your selected revision may be copied into the actual yearly budgets.
- You’ll have the flexibility to make journal entries as needed, with all recurring entries made in one quick step at month-end. The journal entries can be automatically reversed; you can also tailor journal descriptions to fit your specific business needs.
- Define accounting periods with complete flexibility; a fiscal year can have as few as one or as many as 13 accounting periods open at the same time. Corrections and balancing for one period can take place during data entry for another period.
- You can create your own financial reports that are independent of your chart of accounts structure. Add+On VELOCITY’s flexible, easy-to-use report formatting lets you print budgets, dollar amounts, variances, percentages, and dollar/unit ratio information. Share the totals on any report with other reports, and print financial reports on demand.
- You’ll appreciate the flexibility of year-end closings; they’re automated and two-phased for your convenience. Income and expense accounts are automatically totaled. The retained earnings are calculated, and income and expense accounts are cleared for the new year. You may bring balances forward before posting final audit entries, so you can produce next year’s financial reports before you close this year’s.
- You can maintain three years of balance information for last year, this year, and next year.
- Run General Ledger reports for any period of any year (prior, current, or next). Beginning and ending period and fiscal year selections allow reporting by month, quarter, or year. You can capture only the information you need by entering beginning and ending account numbers, or for maximum flexibility, select wildcard account numbers.
- Save time with optional batched entry and processing of journal entries and allocation entries.
General Ledger Reports include
- Journal Entry Register
- Daily Detail Register
- Account Allocation Register
- Transaction History Report
- Summary Activity Report
- Trial Balance Report
- Profit & Loss Statement
- Balance Sheet
- User Defined Financial Reports
- Chart of Accounts
- Budget Revision Report