Bluegrass provides a simple, straight forward Estimating system that allows you to enter quantities on the screen from your take off sheets. Many of our users that have more sophisticated take off systems use our Estimating module for quick estimates and Residential New Construction.
The Estimating system supports assemblies. This allows you to create a detail material list with one entry. However, you can modify assemblies on the fly; change the quantity of an item or add/delete the item completely.
The Estimating module interfaces to proposals so that all estimates and proposals can be tracked. For awarded jobs, the Estimating module automatically creates a work order, set ups the jobs with budgets and can create Purchase Order or Inventory requisition.
The feature includes
- Supports assemblies to take off.
- Integrates fully will all Bluegrass modules including proposals.
- Maintains a Bid To file.
- Set ups the job with budgets for awarded jobs.
- Creates work orders for future scheduling.
- Creates purchase orders for awarded jobs.
- Creates Inventory Requisitions for awarded jobs if material is in stock.
- Allows for seven cost and markup options.
- Open proposals tracked by project number and letting date.
- Access similar historical jobs during the estimate process.
- A bid history is accessible from within the estimate process to provide history by job or item.
- Prior cost history by item is available by hot key.
- Items such as tax, bonds, and assemblies are supported and may be modified on the fly.
- Overhead & profit etc, are standard on all estimates.
- A table is available which is used to maintain miscellaneous items as well as the default percentage.
- Prints Proposals.
- Allows recalculation of material and labor based on current information even months after takeoff entry.
- Multiple labor rates.
- Often options will be required or revisions will be made to the estimate. We track both the original and revised estimates. Multiple versions of an estimate may be maintained with and without various options or changes.
- Use material cost as of your last purchase, but allows manual override.
- Links to Trade Service.
- Selects from two fields for labor units.
- Provides view of each takeoff in detail including add-on cost and markup.
- Allows adds or deducts to alternates.
- Transfers accepted bids to Job Cost Management and Service Management.
- Allows change orders to accepted bids.
- Creates a customer file for future billings.
- Generates purchase orders and inventory requisitions automatically.
- Interfaces to word processing or the Bluegrass Proposal module for printing of your proposal.