The Accounts Receivable (AR) module allows companies to manage receivables and automate billing operations tasks.
The AR module is used to enter customer invoices, send customer statements, collect and apply payments, verify customer balances, track sales commissions, and deliver customer reports.
Invoice and Statement Delivery
Acumatica allows you to automate the creation and delivery of customer invoices and statements. Acumatica can format statements for printing or generate documents in HTML or PDF formats for delivery via email. Copies of all documents are stored with the customer record for future reference and auditing.
Credit Card Processing
An integrated credit card processing facility automates bank card processing while providing flexibility to manually enter charges, void transactions, and issue refunds. Acumatica includes inquiry screens to view credit card transactions and issue warnings about expiring credit cards. You can connect to any bank processing center by using one of the included processing plug-ins or by building a custom plug-in using our SDK.
Deferred Revenue Recognition
Acumatica provides deferred revenue calculations to support your revenue recognition requirements. While entering invoices, you can assign a deferred revenue code to each line item. The deferred revenue code describes the recognition schedule that is used to post revenue to a designated liability account for tracking deferred revenue. When you run the deferred revenue process, Acumatica will recognize the current part of deferred revenue and generate the appropriate transactions.
- Recurring Billing - Acumatica supports several types of charges including recurring monthly fees, setup fees, renewal fees, consumption based fees, overage charges, and minimum charge amounts so you can bill any type of customer agreement. You can create contract templates which specify start and end dates, renewal terms, a billing schedule, and line items. Contracts are linked to case management and employee time sheets so you can include billable hours and customer support hours in your customer bills.
- Multiple AR Accounts in GL - Acumatica allows you to map different groups of customers to different AR accounts in the GL by specifying a default AR account for each customer. The default AR account can be overridden during the document entry. Acumatica automatically tracks which account was selected and offsets the correct account and amount when the customer payment is applied.
- Multiple Currencies Support - Acumatica allows you to issue customer invoices and collect customer payments in a foreign currency. In order to track customer balances and provide accurate reporting, Acumatica maintains the customer balance in the foreign currency as well as your base currency. Automatic currency translation provides real-time adjustments based on the effective rate. When the payment is applied, Acumatica does currency triangulation and computes the realized gain/loss. Unrealized gains and losses are calculated using the AR foreign currency balances revaluation process.
- Automated Tax Reporting - The AR module automatically calculates Sales and VAT taxes and prepares reports for tax filing and reporting. Each customer can be assigned a default tax zone which includes the list of taxable items and reporting municipalities. This default information can be overridden during the document entry. Tax calculation options include multiple number of tax items per document line, deduction of tax amount from the price, and tax on tax calculation.
- Customer Balances and Credit Limit Verification - Acumatica enforces credit limits when you enter invoices in order to limit your exposure to uncollectible debts. You can specify a credit limit amount and a maximum overdue period for each customer. Depending on the customer configuration options, Acumatica can block invoice processing or issue a warning. Acumatica can automatically create dunning messages for past-due accounts and temporarily increase credit limits.
- Payment Reversal and Automatic Payment application - Acumatica allows you to automatically apply payments to the oldest outstanding documents to reduce the time spent matching payments to invoices. If a payment was recorded or applied incorrectly, you can void the entire payment or the application of the payment. All affected document balances will be automatically reversed.
- Sales Commission Calculation - Acumatica automatically calculates sales commissions based on a sales commission schedule. The sales commission can be split among multiple salespeople, linked to specific line items on an invoice, and paid when the invoice is issued or when the payment is received. Sales commissions can be calculated on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Overdue Charges Calculation - Acumatica automatically calculates and applies overdue charges to help you improve your collection rate. Overdue charges are computed as a percentage or as a minimum overdue charge amount. You can assign the overdue charge code to the statement cycle and automatically perform the overdue charge calculation prior to the statement cycle closure.
- Small Balances Write-off - Acumatica can simplify your operations by writing off small document balances. You can specify the maximum write-off limit and specify the list of the customers available for the write off.
- Customer Account Security - Acumatica allows you to specify which individuals and roles can view and modify customer account information and balances in order to prevent unauthorized account access and restrict sensitive customer information.
- Audit Trails - The AR module provides a complete audit trail of all customer transactions. After a document is released, you cannot delete or cancel the document - to correct mistakes, you must enter a correcting AR document to reverse the wrong entry. The system keeps the details of all AR Documents, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record. The auditing process is simplified by having notes as well as supporting electronic documents attached directly to the transactions.